1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend's in the hospital... more of a rant

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Silvails52, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Silvails52

I was having a great day. I was thinking of my boyfriend and smiling all day. I talked to him a few times, and he told me a lot. He said he had a bad heart. He was stung by a bee a long time ago and his heart stopped for a while. About a third of the heart muscle was damaged. He said that it was bothering him today and he took some medicine for it. Normally, the medicine works, but it didn't today. He told me later he made a doctor's appointment to (in his words) zap it back to normal. He called me later, saying that the visit didn't work. He went back to work afterwards and passed out and got rushed to the hospital. The doctors are doing what they can, but he might have to go all the way from Colorado to Boston, MA to get to a hospital that knows how to help him. He seemed okay about it, but I'm extremely worried right now. I really, really, care about him and I'm so worried if he'll come out okay. The doctors took his phone so I have no way of talking to him. I'm so worried and I'm going crazy not knowing if he's going to be okay or not. :tears:

2. Linguistic_Geek

I hope everything works out ok. Can you go and see him?

Keep us posted on how you both are doing.

3. Silvails52

No, I can't. I'm in western NY and he's all the way in Colorado. I really wish I could go see him. I'm about to break down in tears from not knowing anything.

4. rg93

Take deep breaths, friend (*hug*) You'll get through this. I'm sure these doctors know what they are doing if they brought him half way across the country. Before you know it, he'll be back on his feet in no time. :icon_wink

5. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you have any way of contacting him via friends or family members? Or have you not gotten to that point yet? I'm guessing you have some kind of connection that let you find out they took his phone away, etc. If you do, can you explain to some person a little geographically closer to him the situation, and ask them to give you some kind of regular updates or relay messages to him?

In the meantime, you could try writing letters to him, even if you have no way of getting them to him at the moment - and depending on how much you write, he might be resting and not have time to read them right now anyway! Even if this is the case, they might be something you show him when he gets better, or you may decide not to give them to him after all. But just giving yourself a chance to put your feelings into words might be very helpful.

You could also send him something to his room in the hospital, assuming this is allowed - I've done this before. All you have to do is call the hospital gift shop, pick something to send to his room (you can usually look through what they have online), pay for it, and they'll send it up. I wouldn't bury him in an avalanche of presents, but even something small might mean a lot to him, and feeling like you've done something might help you feel a lot better too.

6. ForceAndVerve

I hope everything will be ok Dragon! We are all thinking about you and your boyfriend! (*hug*)

7. Silvails52

Well, I haven't been in contact with any of his family. He said he told his dad about us, but not much beyond that. The reason I know his phone was taken away is because he called right before they did. And I just might write a letter. Or ten. I don't know what hospital he's in and they haven't brought him to Boston as far as I know. Feeling a bit better now after talking to a few friends, but still worried.

8. GDUSA

GDUSA Guest

Awful situation. Hopefully you hear back from him soon. I'll be praying for him.

9. Silvails52

Well, I finally heard back from him. He's doing better, but he's still in the hospital. The doctors said he was dehydrated and that didn't help. He gave his dad my number and told him about us. That supposedly went well.

He also just said he's giving me a gold chain he's had since he was fourteen and got stung by the bee. He said he's never taken it off, but he wants me to have it. He's sending it to me as soon as he can. Feeling so much better than before.

10. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well im glad he's doing better. Its never fun when a loved ones in the hospital, especially if you have no way of contacting them. Wish you both the best!

11. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll bet you are! :slight_smile: Good news all around, glad to hear it.