1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

...what is the truth?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by x5HUTITDOWNx, Jan 25, 2008.

1. x5HUTITDOWNx

Out Status:
    A few people
    I just got done talking on the phone with a boy. I asked him out just now, but he said no. He used to be a good friend, and he was/is gay. When I just asked him out and he said no, he said "awh, im sorry man. Im not gay anymore. I would if I still was though"...
    do you think he is really straight now, or he just came up with that because he didnt want to hurt my feelings?

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

He's probably struggling with his sexuality and trying to convince himself that he's straight. :frowning2:

3. lodiug

^ Agreed, you can't just turn straight....just like you can't turn straight if you wanted to.

4. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Hes probly bi mostly straight

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I wouldn't bother to pursue him for a date. He is not identifying himself as gay or bi at the moment (for whatever reason) so it won't happen.

If you could talk to him about his sexuality it could help him, but if he is in a denial state this will probably make things worse. There isn't really much you can do. :frowning2:

6. tehnathan

"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt..."

7. Time

If you really like him, I wouldn't push the issue of asking him out, but instead talk to him about his sexuality. You can't just "not be gay anymore". It doesn't work like that. Paul is probably right - it sounds like he's struggling with his sexuality.

8. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Ill agree with this

9. otc877

otc877 Guest

Just wanted to point you two to this thread http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6921

It's a follow-up to this thread

10. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Thanks, apparently I got to it a bit too late though :wink: