1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I asked a freind out on a date...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by everett, Aug 29, 2012.

1. everett

and while I dated times before with different folks, I never really went about first dates the right way such as going to fast, saying the wrong thing, etc, etc. I don't know if it will work out but, could I get a little advice on what I could do to make the first date at least nice and easy?
    I just want to make a good impression and I am not sure how to do so honestly >.<

:help:

2. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    Just be yourself. Don't try and make it a good date. If it's meant to be good, it'll just...happen ^.^

3. everett

Aye I hear ya. I just...I guess coming here when I feel nervous does give me a bit of a confidence boost from you guys.

4. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    Hey, I hear ya on that one :lol:. I've got a 2nd date planned w/ my best friend this Friday, and it took some major EC confidence boosts to get me to do that. :slight_smile: Good luck!

5. everett

Thank ya =D
    Again I cant say this enough, I love you guys!

6. BudderMC

Well, if you're friends, he's already got a good impression of you, otherwise you wouldn't be going on a date, right? :lol:

Treat it like you're hanging out, just in a more intimate setting, and with the understanding that if you two are interested in each other (which I assume you are, since you ARE going on a date after all) you can take things further if you click in that way. :slight_smile:

7. everett

Heheh, thats very exciting way to look at it =D

8. dont overthink things and if you say the wrong thing just laugh at yourself, so the person can luagh with you not at you then. dont be nervous or embarrassed, just see how it goes :slight_smile: