1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAJORLY confused :-(, please help...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by will132, Aug 29, 2012.

1. will132

will132 Guest

I've known that I like boys and girls for about two years; at first I thought that it was just a phase, but then it lasted and I've come to the realisation that it's not a phase. Then to make matters even more complicated I think I'm losing my attraction to girls...

I've got with girls before and it's been fun, but recently I've lost my attraction to them completely... Emotionally and physically...

I know i've lost my attraction to them physically because I did some stuff with a girl that I'm not proud of at all.

And now I've started having emotional and physical attraction to guys as a pose to the purely physical attraction that I used to have with them...

Am I gay, or is it just another phase?

Any help would be a serious help!

Thank you :slight_smile:

2. Gen

Gen

We'll honestly there isnt really any stamp of approval that anyone can place on you. Some people are definitively certain, others arent quite as sure. You seem to have come to the conclusion that you are at least bisexual. Some bisexuals do go through phases in which they prefer one sex to the other. Some bisexual people later come to the conclusion that they are only attracted, or only truly want to be with one sex.

If you're not interested in women and are not sure that you will ever be, and you wanted to label it for explanation(other people) reasons than you can identify as homosexual. Maybe that will change for you in the future, maybe it wont. You dont have to commit for life. Do what feels right :slight_smile:.

3. will132

will132 Guest

thank you! That really helped :slight_smile:, thank you so much!

4. confusedsoul

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel exactly the same way, its as if you are talking on my behalf

5. Ianthe

Hi, Welcome to Empty Closets! Well, it does sound to me like you might really be more interested in guys than girls, and that you might have convinced yourself in the past that you liked girls because you thought your were supposed to. What you describe is definitely a common pattern among gay people, with realizing that you're attracted to the same sex, and then all interest you had or--thought you had--in the other sex fades away.

Definitely, you have described clear interest in men. So, I think we can safely remove "straight" from the available options.

I know that can be really scary. (*hug*) But it will be all right. Stay around here, and you'll get lots of support to help you through it.

6. will132

will132 Guest

Thank you so much again! I joined this forum on the off chance that I would get some support and so far I have had some of the best advice ever! Thank you so much!!!