1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really kind of stuck on this thing ...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by query, Aug 29, 2012.

1. query

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So i've been gay for like a really long time, no regrets or anything. I've been fully out for about a year at my school, and have even had a couple completely public relationships, which have been great. The only obstacle? My parents. The only word i can describe them as is "hyper-religious" and almost fanatical. They aren't like nuts and they are really nice, it's just their religion (Christianity if you haven't guessed) is very important to them. they are good at pretending they like lgbt people to their faces. But honestly gays are the worst thing in the world to them. It's very frustrating, i'm going on 18 and i've been gay for over 2 years and having to just pretend ... i can't take it any more! I know my mom would just cry and cry and my dad would straight out disown me if they knew, which they must be in denial of considering how i am, slightly flamboyant or whatever (it's the clothes really, and how i stand). I had plans to move out but i had to quit my job (not to be rude, but i fucking hated it) so my plans now involve me staying with my mom (parents are divorced) for at least 2 more years while i finish highschool and attend college, and i just ... can't do it. I need a need plan, any starters?

ps- sorry about rant-like post, needed to just type it out.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you're going to have to make a choice between a couple of unpleasant things: getting another job (that you probably won't like any more than the last one; work environment in jobs for teens generally sucks) or keeping things under wraps with your mom.

Of course, there's Door Number Three, in which you could come out to her and hope for the best... but that sounds a little unpredictable, and particularly if you're under 18, you don't know what sort of crazy shit she might be able to pull.

What do you see about the pros and cons of each possibility?