1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by madanesor, Aug 30, 2012.

1. madanesor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I came across a situation the other day and was just wondering what you guys would have done. I recently began the process of coming out but I am not out to many people yet. When I am though, I am not sure how I will respond to situations like this:

I teach swimming for this family, two sisters have four kids that I teach and sometimes the grandmother comes too. I was talking to one of the sisters after the lesson and she told me everyone in there family thought I was such a nice guy ect (I blushed and said thank you) and then she said she wished she knew a nice girl for me. I know its completely meant as a complement, but I was just wondering in a situation like this would you guys correct the person or just say thank you?

2. Gen

Gen

Hmm, If it was someone who I hardly see, than I would probably say something like "Oh, well thank you, but I'm kinda of taken." Because I'm horrible with set-ups anyway.

People usually just brush it off. Though this is only if it was a situation that I just didnt feel like explaining. Any other time I would get straight to the point.

3. Thewitt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just say that you aren't looking for anyone at the moment. It really isn't all that complicated.

4. Ianthe

When you're out, you can directly say, "I guess it's just as well, because I'd rather have a man, anyway."