1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm in love with another boy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by James123456, Aug 30, 2012.

?

Do you think he loves me back?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. James123456

James123456 Guest

Hi, so a few months ago (around February) I started having feelings for a boy I had known since September but who I thought was so hot last year. We sorta hanged out together since we have common friends even though I always wanted to know him better but never did because i'm soooo shy.
    When I started having feelings for him I noticed some signs that he felt the same way about me but I'm not sure at all. First he told me that he noticed me last year, he never makes or laughs at jokes about me, the time we ate lunch just the 2 of us he barely did not eat anything whereas he usually eats a lot and when i asked him why, he told me he didn't know what was wrong. When finals came along he invited me over like 5 times to study even though we ended up playing call of duty, by the way he doesn't play call of duty the same way he plays with other: he doesn't yell, he lets me kill him... . However he talked about how hot Miss Universe is but that may not mean anything because he rarely talks about girls and plus as a closeted bisexual (or gay I don' know) I do too. Plus during this finals period he texted me a lot, mostly about school but still, he's shy so that may be a way to approach me I don't know. In one of his texts he discussed about jews during WW2 and talked about gays as the only other example about who got persecuted. Earlier this day, as we were watching a movie on my iPhone he moved closer to me for the reason: to make sure that I see well. As a result of that our arms were touching each other but he removed it to put it back 5 mins later, so I removed mine I don't know why shyness I guess. Then when I said I had to go get my bus he mumbled "****" and walked me there like every time I went to his house. And one time we were studying he asked me something I did not understand so I made a stange face and he impersonated it, we had a big laugh afterward and stared at each other smiling for like 6 secondes. Also the night before the first finals day he texted me "Good luck and good night, I'm going to bed". A week later he sent me "Tomorrow we have to turn our textbooks in, wanna come with me?". However he also invited other friends to come study with him but not as frequently as me. He also told me cute things about his childhod and secret things his dad said but also that he'd be gone all summer travelling to the French Riviera with his family. Late July I sent him "I miss u bro" and half an hour later he replied "Dont worry we'll see at school on first day" then a few minutes later " If u want we can meet when I get back from Europe late August" I answered yes and haven't heard from him since. So considering all I said do you think he loves me back? Thanks a lot for reading that I'm so confused I can't figure out by myself (BTW I don't know if he's straight or gay)http://emptyclosets.com/forum/images/smilies2/help.gif

2. Ianthe

You will never know unless you come out to him. And then you still might never know. But it increases your chances by a lot.

EDIT: And Welcome to Empty Closets!

3. James123456

James123456 Guest

The problem is I can't come out to him he might reject me and I couldnt take this. Plus he might not hang out with me anymore and tell everyone at school that's why i wanted to be sure he wouldnt reject me if I made a move on him.

I almost forgot, the last few days of school i caught him looking in my direction in history class but I wasn't sure if it was at me so the next day I sat in an other desk and he was still looking at me!

#3 James123456, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
  4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to be in a relationship with him, he's going to need to know that you're gay. You could start by bringing up queer-related topics to try and get an idea of how he feels about LGBT people in general, but even in the best-case scenario that he likes you back, you'll proably need to come out to him first.

5. Dalmatian

Since he trusts you enough to share some of his secrets maybe you have nothing to worry about with telling him. Besides, you can talk to him about LGBT, the way he did about WW2. That way you can see if he would mind you being gay and then you just need to make sure he understands you don't want him to spread the word around when you come out.

6. James123456

James123456 Guest

He already did in class he was chatting with another kid about how he wouldnt mind having a gay friend as long as hes not involved with him BTW I did not join the conversation because I was sleeping in my chair and he's the only one I know at school who wouldnt mind. I figured it might be a sign cuz I told another friend the same a few months earlier at the time I already thought my crush was hot but did not have feelings for him.

All summer long I re-thought a lot about what I had with him and I believed he had had feelings for me between late May and around July 10th. With this summer where I did not see him once and texted him desperatly it might have blown away those feelings.

I don't know if that matters but at school we hung out with the same group but hardly talked to each other, personally I was making the others laugh and did not give a damn about him to show him I loved him I guess but that doesnt make any sense does it? Well I made the others laugh in order to make him laugh and I think he was kinda doing the same but I m not sure. And of course we both ignored each other the whole school day and at the end of the day I would walk him home to spend time with him and I don't know if its a sign but he only talked about things I liked such as my exchange programm in France last year or Family Guy (which BTW started watching when I told him I was)...

Dating him (secretly of course) would be my dream!! and I d do anything to know if he likes boys. When we started hanging out with same friends in September I heard he broke up with his GF but I think this has noting to do with me. Well I just remembered all these facts and I wanted to share them with you. Thx a lot for reading that!!! Ure all awesome guys!!!! =)

PS dont forget to vote plz

#6 James123456, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
  7. James123456

James123456 Guest

If you vote plz make sure you read all I wrote not only the first post and no jokes please.
    By September 10 I'll close the poll and if there's a majority of "yes" I'll make a move on him or tell him I have feelings for him, if there's a majority of "no" (that seems the most likely thing to happen) I"ll try to get over him...

8. ForceAndVerve

You shouldn't let a poll on an internet forum decide the outcome of your relationship with him. If you added a "Maybe" option I bet that would have a high proportion of the votes. I know that's what I would choose.

As all the pervious posters have said, you really should just try and bring up LGBT related topics and see how he responds. If eventually you feel like he would be comfortable with it, come out to him and see what happens from there...

9. Ianthe

We will never have enough information that you should decide what to do based on our opinion of his feelings.

This is not a good way to make this decision.

The first thing to do is not to admit your feelings, but to come out to him and see how he reacts to that.

10. James123456

James123456 Guest

Thx guys the next time I'll see him I'll try to bring up some gay related topics but I have no idea what kind, do you have any suggestions? What's sure is that I'm not ready at all to come out especially not to him it was hard enough with my friend I already told even though he had figured it out by himself because I was only talking about my crush. Do you think I should flirt with him? Should I also stop talking about girls too?

11. Salazar

Hahaha he's about as straight as a circle! Just jump in I think. I will eat my hat if he isn't bi or gay!

12. ForceAndVerve

Wait...I thought you wanted to find out if he was interested in you so you could start a relationship?

13. James123456

James123456 Guest

I know but I like his friendship and I could lose it by coming out to him, I'd rather flirt with him first. Sure i wanna find out if he's interested but by not risking our friendship even if he said he wouldnt mind a gay friend but that wouldnt be the same thing anymore...

---------- Post added 31st Aug 2012 at 04:53 PM ----------

You think so Salazar? Cuz that might be a friendship thing though

14. WonderEgg

Based on personal experience (I know, you wouldn't think I'd have personal experience at this age) I think you should just wait a couple of months. During these months, yes, bring up some LGBT topics. If your school has a GSA, talk about that, or get him to join with you. You could talk to him about Brokeback Mountain, since that was a popular movie. Or, Kinsey scale, shounen-ai/yaoi manga/anime if you're into that. Just give it a couple more months. And start by telling him you're gay/bi first without telling him you have a crush. I know it seems like a lot of waiting, but it'll be alright.

15. James123456

James123456 Guest

the thing is I'm scared that in these couple months he sees that I dont do anything and move on. Plus we re both seniors and I dont know if I ll see him after High School cuz he wanna go to Medical school and I dont. Plus I dont wanna wait I love him so much and I ve been wanting to do smthg for like 5 months
    According to all I heard so far here's what I think: He kinda felt smthg for me bfore summer and we were both too shy to do smthg but now summer has blown away all he had for me but sadly not what I had for him...

#15 James123456, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
  16. Lewis

Hmm, I know others have answered, but I'll put my opinion out there. I wouldn't call it love, but it seems from the things that you have said that he likes you - yes there's a but. But the problem is, we bi/gay individuals tend to see what we want to see and ignore the rest, we look for the very smallest signs that other guys feel the same. I admit I do it a lot, my best friend only has to accidentally touch me and I feel my heart race thinking that he must have done it purposely. Another thing is straight guys tend to be very comfortable with their sexuality, so comfortable that they think it's okay to flirt with their friends and in a sense 'act' gay.

Ultimately the only way to find out if he feels the same is if he tells you and that's more likely to happen if you tell him that you're questioning (bi or gay, if you it out before then). I do also agree with the posts saying that you should analyse the situation a little more, look at both the signs that could indicate that he is bi/gay and the signs that say he isn't.

I wish you the best of luck because I genuinely know how it feels.

17. James123456

James123456 Guest

I think you're right Lewissss I see what i wanna see but the time we had lunch just the 2 of us and he barely ate whereas all the other times and i mean it all of them he ate like it was his first lunch in weeks. Call me crazy (maybe LOL) but i think this had something to do with me cuz weirldy the only time he didnt eat everything he could and said didnt know what was happening was the only time we ate face to face just the 2 of us.

He doesn't talk to me at school just sometimes but we dont really talk just have common friends and personnaly i try to impress him by making other laugh with jokes that are sometimes offensive. And he tries to make the other laugh but doesn't succeed all the time and ignores me, I don't know if he's trying to impress me too or if he doesnt give a fuck about me. But I noticed some strange coincidences too like he ends up in front of me in drama class or we picked the same book for the report and have to work together...

Sometimes I feel like I'm over-analyzing all of these and he s just an open minded to gays straight guy (only one I know at school) who barely gives a damn about me and who's just incredibly kind and who invites me over to study for finals and who teaches me how to play call of duty like a pro and who doesn't act the same when they're just the 2 of us.

I'm so confused and when I am I can't text him because I'm afraid. I tried to invite him over once by text but 3 hours later he sent me "Sorry I cant tday =/" Since then I never tried again because of the fear to be rejected again.

You totally can call me crazy for this but whenever he texted me after a long time or to invite me over I would wait half an hour to content my joy and let it out to text seriously (I'm also too shy to text him smileys) and when I sent him the I miss u bro text it took him half an hour to reply, so I figured he had to content his joy too!!! Then an hour later I thought "Damn my love for him is turning me crazy".

I wanna know how it went for you "because I genuinely know how it feels"
    Am I crazy?
    Am I over-analyzing too much?

Please answer cuz these last few days this worryness keeps me from sleeping as you can see it's 5 in the morning and I'm on my laptop

18. Dalmatian

You are definitely over-analyzing, although that's not a bad thing by itself :slight_smile:

Firstly, you must realize that the idea of acting if the poll here tells you to is actually just due to the fear of having to make a decision yourself. At the same time, you are both scared of the possibility that the poll will mean you have to tell him and the possibility that it will say you stay silent.

So lets put it on paper :slight_smile: "Do tell" pro: it's all you really want in life. "Do tell" con: it's scaring the shit out of you. "Don't tell" pro: smooth cruise, let the life carry you with. "Don't tell" con: you lose him.

Basically, you are so desperate to tell him that the only real reason not to is that it makes you agitated. And although I understand that agitation, I also understand how crushing it is to constantly be at the verge of telling, but not doing it. It already hurts you a lot. So, I'd encourage you to tell him, but as I said before, start with some general observations to ease your way into it. Also, when I say "tell him", I agree with WonderEgg, just tell that you are gay. Save the "I'm crazy about you" for round two :slight_smile:

However, there is a great difference between him taking in what you said and not minding, and him reciprocating your feelings. I think the former would mean a lot to you too.

19. James123456

James123456 Guest

A sign that might say he's straight: once we were sitting on the couch studying and i wanted to make a little move on him by touching his foot with mine as i was approaching my foot slowly, he moved away, my heart was crushed.

However on a casual day i was entering the study hall when I saw him sitting by himself whereas on of our friend was sitting in the desk right behind him alone and I was the last one of our gang who hadnt entered the classroom yet. I'm so shy I sat by the friend who was behind him.

Of all the times I went to his house, not once he showed me his room. He had showed it to many of his and our friends but not to me. WHY'S THAT? why does he hate me so much that i dont deserve to see his room? I'm trying to think i was his study buddy cuz I had awesome flashcards.
    He even asked for a copy of those, in exchange he'd make a copy of his for the other class we were both taking.

PS: Consider these last facts before voting please.

#19 James123456, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
  20. James123456

James123456 Guest

Yesterday, a friend of mine texted me to know if I wanted to go with him getting our new textbooks, I replied yes although you know who I really wanna go with. So last evening I received a text from my crush (Finally):We leave at 11 tomorrow to get our textbooks, there'll be XXXXX too (the other friend). What does that mean? Anyway I'll keep you informed of what's happening so you can judge.