1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those of you who think you're going to be alone forever

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gazza123, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Just to let you know

Your not alone in thinking this. In fact I think all of us do it, me included, at some point out life. I think it just much it affects your life and well, how much you think about because if your like me, you never seemed to be able to shift it out your mind no matter how hard you try.

Why do you think you'll be alone forever? (I've already stated my reasons in previous threads but what are yours)

What advice would you give to someone who feels this way? (Now I know most of you feel that "It'll happen when you least expect it" is good advice but some of us it just adds to the hurt)

So... feel free to comment and post with anything related to this ever resurfacing comment ones relationship life.

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I've always loved this video's take on this topic:

[YOUTUBE]qMFpZRDYha4[/YOUTUBE]

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Just something that always bothers me but each night i go to bed I always wonder what it would be like to turn over and my see my boyfriend fast asleep nxt to me.

Just the simple pleasure of that would be amazing. Sadly no boyfriend - no amazing moments like that

4. Thewitt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know how you feel. I wish I could just have a guy with me in bed to cuddle with. Although I do not feel alone I just want to experience that type of feeling.

5. Jared

I would love for that to happen to me, but I'm not sure it will.

Probably the biggest reasons I feel like that I'll be forever alone are that I'm very shy and have low self-esteem. I feel like nobody could ever like me since I'm too fat, not attractive enough, not muscled enough and too socially awkward, basically lots of self destructive thoughts that keep me from even putting myself out there. :bang:

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

There needs to be an app for smart phones, like the hook-up apps we have already, but it would be for people looking for someone to cuddle with for the night. They could call it Snugglr (because removing the last vowel from the names of websites/apps is all the rage these days). I'd use it.

7. Thewitt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Hah. That is genius

8. Jared

Yes it is, I would so use it, somebody needs to make this. Oh wait, I know how to make apps for smartphones, thanks for the idea guys lol

9. Vesper

Everything that Cornella93 said.

10. Aldrick

Having shared a bed before, it sounds romantic, but in reality it goes something like this...

Me: "Bitch, move your ass over. You don't have to lay in the middle of the fucking bed, you have a whole side to yourself, you don't need to be all up in mine."

Him: "I don't like to be so close to the edge, I'm afraid I'll roll off in the floor."

Me: "Look, I have one ass cheek hanging off this bed already. If you don't move your ass over, you WILL be in the floor because I'm going to push you there."

Some other things you might look forward too.

- Him stealing the covers and leaving you freezing to death.

- Him having cold or hot feet, and wanting to put them all over you.

- His body heat suffocating you causing you to wake up sweating, as you realize once again he's in the middle of the bed.

- Arguments over sleeping arrangements, "Why do we have to sleep with the fan on?" "Because that's the way I like it." "I can't sleep with something blowing on me." "I can't sleep without the fan." He sighs. Audibly. Then you wake up in the middle of the night, burning up, only to realize the fan is off. His bitch ass turned it off while you were sleeping!

Seriously, when you aren't used to sharing a bed with someone that's what it's like. It's why I've sworn to myself that when I meet a guy and enter a serious relationship where he's spending the night regularly; I'm getting a king sized bed.

11. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ :roflmao: That can be so true!
    Although it's not *that* bad for me and my boyfriend.. like 80% of the time we're cuddling or whatever and it's all great, but the other 20% of the time when one of us is a bit moody, or when it's hot or whatever.. oh my God I could just kill him!

12. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Good idea. I have no idea how to make an app, but...
    Too bad that domain already exists or I'd be half tempted to grab it...just because...LOL

I feel just like this ... especially for those cold winter nights (its deff too hot for cuddling in the summer though)

#12 SimplyJay, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  13. lazyboy

lazyboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    (sigh) :frowning2:

#13 lazyboy, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  14. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

Sometimes I freak out a little when I realize that almost all of the people I will interact with once I get further along in physics will be men. I am an introvert, and I'm not good at meeting new people outside of certain activities. When I put these things together, I wonder whether I'll ever find a girlfriend.

The two things I remind myself of to feel better:

1) My first true love -- astronomy. Yes, I am that much of a nerd. Just the other day I picked up the most recent issue of Nat Geo and almost burst into tears (in the airport!) at the thought that maybe someday I will be able to go to space. Even if I don't, I am still more than happy to study how the universe works and where it came from in the first place.

2) Sally Ride. Kind of goes with astronomy, but her story is also relevant to me on a couple other levels. She overcame all the crazy, sexist barriers, both institutional and cultural, our society puts up that prevent women from going into science to become both an astronaut and a physicist. More pertinent to this thread, she was a lesbian who, in spite of being in one of the most male-dominated environments in existence, still found a life partner.

In short, like with anything else that makes me depressed in spite of my complete inability to do anything about it at the moment, I focus on things that inspire me to keep going until I feel well enough to devise a plan of action.

15. BNQ2012

Oh boy! I have the thought that I'll be alone forever about every hour or so. On my worst days I think that waking up to the fact that I'm queer now gives me the opportunity to fail miserably at creating long-term relationships with people of two (or more) sexes instead of just one. I know that's pessimistic and not a productive way of looking at things but sometimes that's just where I'm at.

16. J Snow

Well, for I feel like at least for the time being I'll be temporarily alone, because not a whole lot of demographics are interested in dating someone that is male bodied and starting transition.

After I transition I feel I have two options.

1. Keep my penis. Get attention but have it all be "chasers" who are just into me for a fetish.

2. Get bottom surgery and have no one be into me because I'm just not as much of a girl as ciswomen.

On that note, a couple nights ago I met a guy of a transgender dating site because of all these feelings. It was actually a really traumatic experience and I've felt really violated and well... scared to be honest. So for the moment I'm kind of okay being forever alone for once =/ Its certainly made me want to stop trying to find people on the internet...

17. For what it's worth, I would date someone like that, whether they chose option 1 or 2.

That said, I've often felt the same way. Bottom surgery isn't even on the table for me, and I'm not even sure about top surgery. I asked on anonymous here once if any gay guys would be up to dating a transguy, and for the most part, the answer was a resounding "no." Talk about discouraging. From what I've seen elsewhere on the internet, females (straight or bi) tend to be a bit more open-minded than their male counterparts in that regard, but even though I identify as pansexual, the majority of my crushes tend to be dudes. That's just the way it usually works out.

A couple other things I'm worried about is that I don't think I could ever be in a vanilla/non-BDSM relationship. Being overweight and having two psychological disorders (social anxiety and bipolar) might also be an obstacle.

None of these things make me feel like I'm going to be forever alone, but I do feel like it will be a lot harder to find a relationship. I'm already 21 and have never been on a date.

18. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'm resigned to the fact that i will likely never find a life partner, but it really doesn't bother me. I am content to be alone

19. Gen

Gen

@Aldrick: This is so true.

Or you happen to be in a relationship with the person, who levatates out of bed in the morning, engulfed in angelic aura, and serenades the room in euphoric bliss...Meanwhile, you look like shit. Theres dried siliva on your cheeks, your eyes are bloodshot red, and your skin is dry and pale enough to land a role in twilight. And Mr. Flawless has the gall to try to roll you over for a kiss. You have to be the bad guy and sprint out of the room yelling "Dont Look At Me You Son Of A B*tch!!!!!"

Dont believe everything you see in romances (~_~). Or if you're lucky you both look digusting, in which he will try to be romantic and wake you up with a kiss. Then, again, you are the bad guy because you dont want to play Guess My Bacteria at six o'clock in the morning. I dont like my own mouth at the break of dawn, what would possess you... O_O?

I know, I know. "Well I'd hate to be Gen's boyfriend." But I am very open about this. I'm very affectionate. All I ask is for 60 seconds in the morning so I can go to the bathroom and at least look at myself first. We know I have issues :tears:.

Anyway, to the point of a boyfriend. You may never have even a boyfriend/girlfriend, but to be blatant, that is your decision. I know its hard to learn to love yourself. I know its hard to overcome social anxieties, and to take risks. But, you are not the only person on earth who doesnt look like a model, or is afraid to put themselves out there, or is a difficult person to deal with. We are not(usually) given a choice in our weakness and flaws, but it is our decision on whether or not we choose to wallow in them. I'm not saying that it will be easy, but it is pointless to stand over your obstacles and weep about how you cant overcome them. You have to take the intiative to help yourself.

You may not be able to fix all of the things you dislike with your body, but you have better have tried everything(Reasonably, of course) you can before, you accept defeat. If you dont have enough friends, and people dont reach out to you, than be the one to reach out to people. It's hard to start, but not when it really sinks in that you have literally nothing to lose. If the person you reached out to, rejects you, what have you honesty lost? You're truthfully the only one that will remember it tomorrow, or even care at all.

20. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    see, i've never had any of these issues when sharing beds! It's always been lovely for me =)