1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not sure what to do about this crush....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GreenRaven, Aug 30, 2012.

1. GreenRaven

so...i've had a crush on a friend of mine for a long time, he's ftm like me, and it's confusing the hell out of me because i've never really been attracted to guys....i don't know if i'm attracted to him because he has more feminine features since last time i saw him he wasn't on T, or what. he's always been there for me and helped me when i was having trouble...the kind of person one can go to and talk to about anything. only this time i can't, because it involves him.

we only started talking again last night after a couple months, because my ex had sent me an email saying that he and the others he was living with never wanted to hear from me again. i messaged him on a whim last night and after exchanging a few thoughts, i come to find out they had NO IDEA he sent that message, and are REALLY ticked off at him about it. That if they had not wanted to hear from me they would have told me themselves, not go through my ex who apparently has it out for me.

i had been really hurt when i had gotten that email from my ex, and being able to talk to him again re-lit that attraction i had for him before....and i just don't know what to do. he's single now, him and his boyfriend broke up a few months ago, but i'm really confused about what to do since he knows me as only liking girls (he knows i'm trans now, i mentioned it in one of the messages i sent to him) and i don't want him to feel offended or anything thinking i'm attracted to him because his body is still female.

by all definitions the world gives of attractive, he's not really, but he's got a beautiful soul and i always loved being able to hang out with him and be able to pour my soul out to him and he would sit there and give constructive feedback.

i don't know what i should do....i really don't....i want to tell him but like i said i don't want him to somehow feel offended or anything....i'm so confused uggghhhhhh

2. someone3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think he would be offended. I'm guessing you think he would be because you like girls and he identifies as a man. Hmm, well would you be offended if a straight man was attracted to you? IDK, sexuality is pretty fluid, I couldn't really understand someone being upset because someone was attracted to them.

You are attracted to him because he's a great person. If you think you'd find happiness being in a relationship I'd say go for it.

3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Hmm, if he is over his break up, maybe you should tell him. Or indirectly ask him how he would react if you are interested in him to avoid being overwhelmed.