1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I meet good guys?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PTGriffin, Aug 30, 2012.

1. PTGriffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Where does one go and/or what does one do to meet good guys nowadays? Of course, "good" is open for subjective interpretation but you know...not the typical guy you'd meet at the bars or the clubs. I'm finding myself to be having a lot of trouble. I'm not bad looking or socially awkward, but I live in a city where I don't know that many people and the few friends I've made aren't gay. I'm just not sure how to move forward in my dating life. I had a boyfriend in college, but that was a few years back. I suppose I just wish I had more gay friends, but I'm not really open about it and being part of a "gay crowd" isn't really my thing, which I guess is self-limiting.

2. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

To be honest, I dont think anyone can really give you a perfect answer to that question, because again, the subject of 'good' is up for discussion. I have always found, however, that the moment Im not really interested, is when the keepers have come into my life. Allot of my friends are gay, and Ive been with my partner for 2 and a half years now. Craigslist strictly platonic can be good, as well as meetup.com, where you can find people with similar hobbies and interests as you, seeing as how those people are probably the ones that you are going to connect better with anyhow. Meeting people in party and club settings is great for some, but for me I like to have something else in common with the person I may potentially spend the rest of my life with other then we both like to party. I dont know about you though :slight_smile:

3. Gen

Gen

You really shouldnt be giving in to the "Gay Crowd" belief. It's quite deceptive. There are alot of gay clubs, communities, etc, that arent into any of that publicised stuff. You just have to put yourself out there to look for them. See what there is LGBTQ theme around your area. At least show up to the clubs once, and if it is too much than you can leave right after. Once you have at least one or a few friends that are similar to you, than it will be much easier. But you have to meet them first :slight_smile:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can always "go where the gays are". That doesn't have to be a club - most cities of some size have gay neighborhoods, with shops and boutiques and museums. You might see if the town has a gay weekly newspaper (most do), and see what sort if events are advertised inside.

Lex