1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I may have been found out? Help…

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Caudex, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Caudex

Caudex Guest

So today in school, I was in a classroom before class and I was talking with two friends. One of them is in theatre (he's straight), but I'm not in it. We were talking about this year's show, when the other guy said, "Oh, I'm surprised you're not in it?" I replied, "Why do you say that?" He replied, "Because you're gay." I said, "No…" He said, "No, you totally are!" I think he still knows, but I did get him to be quiet about it, but some others might have heard. What should I do now?
    Note: I don't want to come out to any schoolmates, I'm dealing with enough already.

2. Mango

Your gay friend just might have outted you already!

If you really want to keep a secret, then just keep your mouth shut. Otherwise, people generally have no scrupples and they will out you for whatever reason(s)...

PS.

I would just keep the company of some bangin' looking girls and not disclosed my secret to anyone.

#2 Mango, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

If you don't want to come out just yet, then just keep to your story. People might have their doubts, but there isn't much that they can do to prove that you are gay other than sleep with you, which would just meant hey are gay too :slight_smile:

Just a tip, how you say "no" to those accusation matters. If you act apologetic, then people will catch up. If you make fun of them or act offended, then you will throw people off easier. So a "wtf, dude. No" is more convincing that an apologetic no. If he keeps it up, then you can make fun of how obsessed he is with your orientation.

But, if he thinks you are gay and he doesn't really care, is it really that bad that he knows?

Either way, best of luck :slight_smile: