1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truth or dare, update to older thread

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kuroi, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Update on an older thread
    For those of you who helped me on this thread Not sure what I am supposed to do about guy or should I do anything at all
    First of all I would like to thank you for helping me out, it really helped a lot.
    So yesterday while we were out he and I have arrived first. We sat at the same table and rolled cigarettes. I was sitting next to wall because we lacked a chair (brothers friends occupied all and played TRUTH OR DARE!(must be stated) Next to us). Anyway I had a static chair and couldn’t move, but he was free to move however he wants and after several seconds of being where he was when i arrived he closeted to me. He commented on how their truth or dare was lame (the question at other table was, at the moment who would you rather kiss) and obviously tried to bring the theme up. I just said that our game was better and we ended up in silence smoking what we rolled. He then began to talk about that girl and showed me the massages.

At first we didn't drink anything but later I bought a beer for myself and so did he, same one as well. For some time he was leaning towards me and kept doing so the entire night. Later, when others came, he would always try to bring the theme of truth or dare by saying how lame the game my brother was playing is. I blew the opportunity 3 times by getting scared to act. Latter that girl he chats with came. She stated that she wants nothing more but to be his friend and that she is unsure of how to act now. He seemed depressed the entire time. Only thing he drank was 1 beer and 1 jack Daniels and he refused to drink more. He told only me that he doesn’t want to because alcohol is depressant. He did seem down for quite some time and I tried to cheer him up several times. It helped temporarily.

Today I am going to his birthday party, and I think that I will tell him how I feel if we get a moment alone. Also if we happen to play truth or dare again i’m not really sure if I should play it. I must grab my next opportunity to talk about it since school is starting soon and I might not get another chance. Anyway, what should I say to him if he begins the theme? And how can I cheer him up if he gets down again? Should I even try to cheer him up?

Thanks for reading guys, you help me a lot. Also I will most likely update this thread on news tomorrow.

2. Dalmatian

Let me just get it over with this comment: boy do you drink a lot! And by "a lot" I mean often. And also "a lot".

Anyway. Are you sure his birthday party is the best place to do it? I'm just saying, best case scenario, he likes you back but he's got a bunch of people around and can't give you much attention. I'm not saying that's a reason to give up; actually, I encourage you to do it. If time is short due to school you don't really have a lot of choice, right? School starts Monday?

Btw, if you play truth or dare again, think twice before choosing "truth" :slight_smile:

3. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yea it does sound like i drink a lot but most of the events happen on Fridays or Satrudays. We do drink as Saturdays (also i don't drink much but im week to alcohol) and occasionaly friday.

Btw hes 21 today

4. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Update on what happened yesterday.
    I’ll have to name people so here’s the legend
    Matt- guy I like
    Leona- girl matt likes
    Diana- girl that was in love with me
    John- reason I didn’t freeze to death

So as I said, yesterday was Matts birthday and I was one of many attendants. It was at his house. At first the mood was a bit depressing but after about an hour it started to become better. At one point small groups were formed, I didn’t want to intrude any of them so I somehow ended up alone. Diana Leona and Matt were in one group. Diana, seeing how I managed to get separated from everyone in a 10x 10 m room invited me in her group. I was rather uncomfortable sitting next to Matt, I didn’t want to do much eye contact or anything that would show affiliation (but now that I think about it maybe that was obvious showing of it). With time I managed to relax a bit and the group decided to go to bar (not the closest but the furthers one) to buy cigarettes. The truth was that Matt just wanted to get some time alone with us. Near the entrance of the bar girls held their hands, for fun and they suggested for Matt and me to do the same. I refused instantly, wanting not to be pushy however Matt reached out with his hand and placed it with open palms in front of me. I grabbed it and we held hands for 30 seconds (bunch of random people around us (some commented “are those guys holding hands”)) until said “we better stop someone could attack us”. We stopped and got there, he bought cigarettes and bought us all a round and then I went back to his place because I got a call.

I was there for an hour before Matt returned with Diana, none wishes to tell me what they were doing however they confirmed it wasn’t sexual act. We spent some time at his place, throwing jokes, having fun etc. when everyone decided to go to a bar (the one where we bought cigarettes.) however I Matt and Diana were the first to go. We walked through an empty street and Diana hugged Matt who didn’t resist. I was next to her leaving her in the middle. She commented that that’s the polite way for a girl to walk and grabbed my hand for “symmetry.” I could just refuse but I saw no harm in allowing her to do that. Seconds of walking like that and Matt looked at me and said “Come over here” which i did. He placed his hand around my shoulder and looked at me while nearing his head, as if he was going for a kiss. I neared mine and held it on his shoulder. Because Diana was there we didn’t kiss however I felt that he wanted to do it. She at one pint said “Matt you are so bi” on which he said “no shit.”. I knew that he was bi but I never wanted to force him to say that. Oh well that was the last touch moment I had with him through the day. I never managed to say what I feel but I think it was obvious.

Around 3:30 am Matt and Leona went home because he wanted to explain her what he feels. He told me “don’t go yet” which I took as “I’ll be back”. Half an hour passed and he hasn’t come. John, who was making me company was on his leave. He asked me if I would go but I said no. He knew why because we were the only 2 from the birthday that stood. After failing to convince me he, on his leave told me a story that goes like this. “Owner abandoned his dog; however the dog refused to move from spot he was left on. He waited for days and died. ” yup simple yet strong metaphor. He then told me that what dog did is sweet however pointless. He wasted his life on someone who didn’t love him. His loyalty is admirable but ultimately stupid because he could have found someone else to love who would love him back. Stubborn the way I am I stayed there anyway, in cold, for the next 30 min thinking about the metaphor and then decided to go home.

Today we are going in comedy club, I’ll see how that goes but in the end he likes her more than he likes me. And that is fine, why should I force him to choose or go the way he won’t be as happy. If he thinks that Leona is the one that can make him happy than I’m happy for him. I never got to be alone with him so I didn’t tell him. However, if I get the chance I’m going to tell him that I like him. Besides that I don’t know what to do. Those little romantic moments we had really showed me that the future doesn’t have to be so black for me.

Anyways thank you so much for reading this huge text and those before, I really appreciate it because reading your answers help me calm and look at the bright side.

5. Dalmatian

Ah.. I audibly sighed while reading the last post.

You must be completely lost now. Here's a hug (*hug*) for starters. It doesn't even come from very far away :slight_smile:

I'd say one thing is certain now. You can and should come out completely to him, with everything. Considering everything you wrote and especially events from last night, it seems that he likes you a lot. Maybe he's confused about you and Leona as well, maybe he is worried that he will hurt you, but in all cases you need to know, now that you've gone this far.

So tonight.. will you talk to him?

And yeah, it's great that through this you are seeing optimism for the future :thumbsup:

6. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I must, however there will be 6 other people around us. In worst case scenario I'll have to tell him with them around but I hope he picks the mood and asks to chat privatly somewhere.