1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting to know myself through the boys I choose

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by retiredchicken, Sep 1, 2012.

1. retiredchicken

Hey guys, I don't want to analyse too much into this so I was hoping for some opinions. I''ve noticed I have a huge tendency to choose guys who do not have both parents (the missing one is either the dad or mum). And they are always straight & taken, but have admitted they had feelings for me. i could never get past that point with guys so now I'm really starting to wonder what it is I see in them. Any thoughts?

2. Dalmatian

Are you sure that's even something that's really making a difference for you? I mean, it could just be a coincidence. Single parents are common.

It might be a feeling that you could be the one to fill some emotional void I guess. Hard to say really.

3. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmm the only thing that stands out from my point of view is that you seem to be attracted to guys who are unavailable. It's possible that you're not quite comfortable with taking the next step yet, and your choices (conscious or not) have a safety factor built-in? I can't read much into the missing parent thing, are we talking guys generally same age as you?