1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Let's be real"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Silvails52, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Silvails52

With those three words, my boyfriend started thinking about our future. And not in a good way. He lives in a tiny town in Colorado and I'm in NY, in college, studying food science. The closest (maybe) food company would be in Denver, about 125 miles from where he lives. He started to ask how our lives would work together. He said he doesn't want to see my four years of college to go to waste. But I love him so much. I don't want to be without him! He's literally everything I want in a guy and more. He's so in love with me and doesn't want to break my heart. I'm hoping and praying something will work out, but it all just seems impossible.... :tears: I keep thinking he could be the guy I want to be with, but he's practically telling me it might be better to just end it now. I'm still in college and if we get together, my college years will be wasted. I won't use any of the skills I learn. The other thing is, if we keep going, and it doesn't work out, we'll be hurt even more. He's been having suicidal thoughts lately, and I've been there to talk him out of it. Well, he thinks of me first and stops. I'm so afraid that without me, he'll go through with it. And I couldn't bear the thought of leaving him and wondering "if I had stayed, what would have happened?" So I'm between a rock and a hard place. We love each other so much, but what if it doesn't work out? :tears::tears: I really want it to....

2. rg93

Aw, poor thing (*hug*)

I didn't quite get the scene, didn't you two concider moving in together in the future near a place where you (food company nearby) and him would both find work?

3. Silvails52

He owns a few businesses where he lives and makes a good deal of money. He would have to give that up for us to be together...

4. Tabb

It may sound out of reach, but is it possible to consider starting your own food-related company down where he lives? It's worth considering, anyways.

5. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Any reason why he can't move with you to Denver or some other place where you can both have a good job in your respective fields? Is he in school now as well?
    oops never mind on that question

#5 awesomeyodais, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  6. Silvails52

Like I said, he's pretty attached to the town. He owns a mortuary and is a co-owner of a good restaurant in town. And as for my own food business... I don't have the money for that, and I wouldn't know what to do... Besides, I want to do something pretty specific: flavorings. Like, work for Frito-Lay and come up with the next big potato chip flavor. And Denver is a huge maybe. He DOES have family in the East, but he's had a falling out with them recently.