1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and in need of advice!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confused03, Sep 2, 2012.

1. confused03

Been friends with this girl for years now and we're pretty close, but I am confused as hell if her feelings toward me is just platonic. She always finds ways to touch me when we're around each other and i swear the way she looks at me is far from platonic. She always wants to cuddle with me when we do sleep in the same bed, and thought this was normal but I think I'm the only friend she does that with. Then just the other day had my had rested on her inner thigh and for the longest all she did was squeeze both legs together with my hand still there, then decided to ask that 'not to sound gay but why my hand was there?'. this was completely innocent and told her to just move it because i was truly wasted but she just said that was to much work. I know for sure she's into guys but the way she is with me has me a little confused on exactly how she see's me. Need some advice is this girl really interested but wont say and is possibly waiting for me to make a move. or am I just imagining things and all she does is simply platonic? A friend also constantly asks if they're something more going on with us because of how we apparently interact with each other, which makes me believe that i'm not just imagining all the flirting.However she always says she's not interested in girls, don't know what to think. HELP PLEASE!

2. itsjoanna

i'm bad with giving advice, and since no one is helping you i think i should bump this so others can see it.

But from what you've said, that sounds so gay haha. Even though i'm not out, none of my very close female friends have been very touchy with other girls. It could be platonic, as you said, but only she can tell you whether it is or not. Also, she could be in denial, so we don't know. If you're uncomfortable with the situation, you could always just tell her about it.

3. confused03

Not uncomfortable with the situation because if I'm truly honest have a bit of a girl crush on her, but just confused as hell as to what exactly is going on. She constantly talks to me about the guys she into but think she's sending me mixed signals. Never been interested in a girl before now so have absolutely no experience with situations like this. Besides she's one of my close friends n don't wanna read things wrong n possibly mess up our friendship

4. Music Beat

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Maybe shes as they put it as "Experimenting" maybe to see if she likes girls also?

( Not so good at advice sorry)

5. confused03

So do u think her actions show more than platonic feelings because none of my other friends act that way with me. Am not just imagining this? And maybe your right

6. confused03

Can no one give me some thought on my current situation?!?

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, I think if she was like that with other girls then it could be platonic but from what you have said it sounds like there might well be more to it. There is no way to be sure but I would say there is definately a chance, especially if other people notice it too. You could ask her in a non direct way, or put the emphasis on yourself and say 'ive been wondering what it would be like to kiss a girl', or something like that.
    It depends whether you want to find out or not.

8. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, confused03. Can you give us a bit more info about you? i.e. what age are you and your friend? I find age really is a decider in things like this. For instance, I had a lot of similar experiences with a friend of mine when I was fourteen and fifteen, but it turned out he was just experimenting and is now supposedly straight.

9. jljcavalier

Out Status:
    All but family
    I was going to say the same thing. Make a indirect statement about wantingto kiss a female. If she treats you differently then her other friends then maybe she feels different about you.

10. confused03

Well she's 21 and I'm 24

11. Hazel

If you're interested then take a chance, but 21 is a little old to be so dodgy about it if she's interested. I'd personally pass just to avoid that.

It's impossible to accurately read someone across the Internet because we can't see her body language, hear her tone, understand her history and behavior patterns, etc, and your conveyance of it to us might not be accurate itself.

#11 Hazel, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  12. confused03

Well thanx for all those that tried to help but I guess it's a lost cause now because she has herself a boyfriend now. Appreciated the advice guys

13. xXPsychedelicXx

So sorry it didn't work out, confused03. :frowning2:

We're here for you. (*hug*)

14. confused03

Thanx really appreciate it

15. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    She might be bisexual and polyamorous, you never know. It's unlikely, though.

People need different amounts of affectionate contact, and it doesn't have to be sexual contact. She might merely be someone who feels the need for affectionate contact more strongly than other people do.

For future reference, it's a lot easier to tell people how you feel, and let them do the same, rather than everyone trying to guess.

16. confused03

Thanx again all of u for the advice but even after her getting a bf the mixed signals has continued. I admit she does talk to me about him a lot but some of the things she does is just...beyond confusing. A few weeks back she slept over and suggested that we sleep together naked, but I wud be cool cause we'd have our own blanket to cover up with?!? I mean one minute where back to jus cool friends but then the next she says or does something that has me confused AF.