1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I bi? Help please!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GirlNextDoor, Sep 3, 2012.

1. GirlNextDoor

GirlNextDoor Guest

Hi, I'm new here, and confused as to my sexual orientation...
    Okay. So, I'm a high-schooler, and I never thought myself to be anything but straight. Except for the fact that my first kiss was with a younger girl who goaded me into it (she also caused my first orgasm while we were... messing around :icon_redf).
    I was twelve, I think. I never told anybody, and never thought about it or felt guilty or anything. It was just a game, an experiment, and I sort of overlooked it... until now. :icon_sad:
    I never went through the crush phase like all the other girls did, it seemed kind of silly to me. I've never had a boyfriend (or girlfriend, the first kiss incident was a short-term thing). I often find myself comparing boys' sex appeal with other boys, but I do the same thing, if a little more secretly, with girls. :confused:
    I keep wondering if maybe the first kiss incident caused my attraction to other girls!? Or maybe it's a phase or something...? I have nothing against being bi/lesbian, but it just seems so... different. I don't do change or denial very well, unfortunately... :icon_sad:
    Thanks again for reading my post!! Any advice/ideas/help/support/whatever is greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!!! (*hug*)

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Well, I knew I was bi because I keep getting shy around attractive girls in my perspective.

3. GirlNextDoor

GirlNextDoor Guest

This happens to me too... I figured it was just because I felt insecure or something, but lately, who knows?

4. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    My sister kissed a girl in third grade. Turns out she's straight.

I really doubt that this kiss had any effect, and I think you're experiencing the confirmation bias. In other words, you were bisexual even before the guess, although you were too young to realize it.

So you're bisexual. Deal with it, hun. Better not to internalize like so many of us did, because that just makes it worse.

5. Ianthe

Hi, Welcome to Empty Closets! (*hug*)

The way you describe your feelings sounds to me more like a natural attraction rather than like a response to trauma. If it were a response to trauma, it would be more likely that you would act out with girls, rather than having normal feelings for them. Getting shy around girls you are attracted to would not probably be part of it. (And if that was just general insecurity, you would feel shy around everyone, not just around certain people.)

So it does seem to me that you like girls.

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didnt realise I was gay until I was in my 20's and when I started figuring it out I was mortified and petrified but ive worked through it. I agree that its unlikely the earlier kiss caused you to like girls, just give yourself some time to work through it.

7. Fisnou

Welcome to EC :slight_smile:
    So it seems like you do like girls. And like the other posters said, kissing a girl would not make you turn bi. I've kissed guys in the past and yet I'm gay *sarcastic laugh*
    What about guys? Do you have crushes on them too?

8. GirlNextDoor

GirlNextDoor Guest

I think...? I don't know. Again, I'm really confused...

9. GirlNextDoor

GirlNextDoor Guest

Thank you for the help guys. ^^' I'm still a little confused, but I'm working on that.