1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to school, help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Annon, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Annon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I go back to school tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone had any final tips about telling my friends I am bi. Thanks guys (&&&)

2. Mango

High school can be the worse or best place to come out. I say weigh everything well and consider all of the consequences, before coming out.

By coming out, you might make certain enemies, who were once your "friends". You may also make new and more genuine friends, as well. Some teachers are likely to lend you support, while others will behave more like their sexually ignorant students.

3. Annon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry, I think I have portrayed the wrong image. I have told a load of my friends, and my family. I meant, those close minded Viking bullies. What do I do with them?

4. Mango

Tell your parents that you'd like to take lessons in Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, or Krav Maga (Jewish Self-Defense). Meanwhile find a friend who knows how to box and have them give you a few pointers.

Aikido takes many years of practice in order to be effective. However, IMHO it's the most effective of them all and comes complete with a non violent philosophy. It's just perfect for the LGBT community IMO....

Even their clothing is cooler!

However, if this is an emergency and you need a crash course, then Krav Maga would be a great starting point.

In Tae Kwon Do you'd learn basic fighting skills faster than in Aikido. However, it's been my experience that in all of my Tae Kwon Do classes, there's was much less tolerance for gays. I started Aikido classes, but we soon moved afterwards and I didn't attend any more. Those were the nicest people!

#4 Mango, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012