1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helping my Mum

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rygirl, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Rygirl

Hey,

So me and my mum have not always had the closest of relationships but this summer she has really been to hell and back with me, from failing the year for the second time, to me dropping out of Uni, getting shit from the bank over something that wasn't my fault, and today, more shit from Student Finance which wasn't explained to me at all the first time, leading to a build up of a debt that she is going to have to repay.

She works as a domestic violence lawyer and as a result deals with some horrific things, just this morning she had to make a 999 emergency call because she was scared that a client of hers was going to hurt herself, and it absolutely broke my heart when I saw tears in her eyes when she hung up the phone with the police.

I know that right now it is my turn to support her, but I have no idea how. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do, can anyone shed some light?

2. Ianthe

Well, you could see if you can help with anything that needs to be done around the house, and maybe take on some of the cooking, for example--make sure she eats.

And of course, you can always ask her what she needs. Tell her you know she's having a hard day, and just ask if there is anything you can do.

3. Mango

Just walk up to her and embrace her with the warmest hug you could ever give another human being...