1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice :o

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WALK2222, Sep 5, 2012.

1. WALK2222

Hi guys,
    today something very interesting happened. After school, I was texting this girl who knows I am gay, and she said that one of the other gay kids in my school liked me. After much discussion, I found out it was a junior (I am a freshman). I have had a crush on this Junior for a bit, but I am having one drawback. Is he too old for me to date? If he is a junior and I am a freshman? I have never been in a gay relationship before, and this is very new to me..
    We talked on Facebook, and he really likes me. I actually like him too, although that one thing keeps coming up, from the back of my mind… What should I do?
    I have school tomorrow.
    :help:

2. RainDreamer

Well, it would be better if you tell us his age, because people can be different age even on the same level of education. Though I would guess it isn't any extreme age gap though, so I think it will be ok.

But to be honest though, age shouldn't be something that you worried about if you are matured enough.

That being said...let's just say this is a woman's sixth sense or just my paranoia, but becareful, especially because you have a crush on that guy. It might blurs your judgement, and you can get into danger. It is a sad fact that because we are different than the gender normality, there are people out there who will go out of their way to harm us. So have fun, but keep an eye out for danger, mkay?

Good luck! =)

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think he's too old. You guys are what, at most 3 years apart? I don't really see any problem. It's not like he's in college and you're just starting high school. You'll both be in the same place for the next 2 years.

4. Ianthe

I'll cautiously say that two years is usually fine. Just make sure that you are both aware of the age difference and that you try to keep things equal in the relationship.

I don't just mean that he shouldn't pressure you into anything you aren't ready for sexually (although that's important), but that you should have equal power in the relationship more generally.

I'm worried about it mainly because you are a little worried about it. If you hadn't brought up the age difference, I don't think it would have worried me. Do you think you can hold your own with him, as an equal, or do you think he's too much above you from being older?

If you feel like you wouldn't have equal power in the relationship, then you probably shouldn't go out with him.

Are you out to your parents? What do they think?

But really, you don't have to jump instantly into being his boyfriend. You can go on dates and see how it feels. That would be my recommendation--go on a date, and see if it's okay or if it feels unbalanced.