1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Buddies

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wonton Burrito, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Wonton Burrito

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, so i've passed through the line of stupid and come out the other side. I met a guy online, he gave me his number, and we've been texting. I know, don't give out info to strangers, I KNOW, but he seems nice (if a tiny bit flirty) and trustworthy. I'm well aware things could go south very quickly, even if it seems nice now, and so I'm looking to make up for my crippling stupidity. How can I phrase "don't get sexual with me" politely and firmly? And if things do go south (i really hope not) what can I do to get rid of him? I can block numbers, but now I'm afraid of being tracked. He seems nice, but you never know. Feel free to call me out on poor judgement. Any advice?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure I see what was so "cripplingly stupid" here. Sure, when you do meet someone online, it's normal and sensible to be careful, but it's becoming more and more common every year. If you haven't given him any other information, you're probably fine - the number of people who will actually track your number and find out where you live is incredibly small.

Most importantly, has he given you any indication that he would do something of that nature? Do you feel unsafe talking to him, like he's asking for more information than is appropriate or that you want to give him?

Aside from that, if he's being more flirty and/or sexual than you'd like, then the next time it happens, just tell him you're not comfortable talking about it, or you're starting to feel awkward about the conversation. If he's as nice as he seems so far, he'll probably understand and back down.