1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems of a questioning High School teen

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Will2M, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Will2M

So I would bet most of you who look at this have seen millions of problems like it but bear with me. I really appreciate the help.

So, I'll keep it simple. I'm a dude, I've been questioning for about 2.5 years and gone through my fair share of guy crushes (some physical, emotional or both) + dated a girl for awhile. All of guy crushes have ended with my interest fading (girl broke it off after 6 months, broke my heart but that is beside the point.) Anyway, Question 1, is this normal for someone questioning to go through a guy of "affection" every 4-6 months?

I am now in like of another guy (talk about fantasizing :icon_bigg) and I see him every day but with a big group (sports team) and we are in different grades... What should I do? I don't want to raise any suspicions because in HS if someone even sniffs a rumor about a guy being gay most of the girls turn the other way which I don't want because I am questioning, not decided. Also I don't know if he is gay or is willing to be "open minded" or is straight as an arrow... Should I try subtle hints "accidental" physical contact, prolonged eye contact then smile etc etc? I feel like that would be fairly low profile and I trust him not to tell everyone about me if he figures out what I'm doing and ends up being straight. Also, I don't know him well enough to do the sleepover thing where you invite him for a sleepover then ask the personal questions and... you get the picture. If I did that he would know something was up.

Anyway, that about sums up my troubles. Help is very greatly appreciated.

2. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

Yes that's normal. And, I say this so many times on many people's posts, but, my most effective way to find out basically anything about a person is to say what you really want to, but then say "Just kidding" if they have a bad reaction. So, if you want to know if he's gay, or even if he likes you, say something along the lines of "I really like you" see how his reaction goes, and if it's bad, just calmly say "just kidding." So, no matter what you'll get an answer out of him and it won't create an awkward situation, or cause a bad reaction.

3. Will2M

Hahaha, I'd try the just kidding thing but it is a little weird for guys to do it. I couldn't just go up to him and tell him I like him and then back track with just kidding if he rejected me. Thanks for the idea but "just kidding" after saying something so monumental wouldn't work, it just isn't really believable.

4. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm kinda having this same problem, so I understand what you're going through. I'm gonna try and give you some advice that I seriously need to start taking, too. I mean, I know I'm bi, but hopefully this helps. My advice is to go up and talk to him, i.e. get to know him. You won't get anywhere unless you do that. I knew my girlfriend for two years before I asked her out. Obviously, you don't have to wait two years to do it, but take it slow at first. Don't rely on hints to let him know you like him. Once you've talked to him enough, try inviting him over to your house a couple times. If you guys are close enough, sooner or later, you'll end up telling each other more about yourselves, and that's when you need to pop the question (or statement, if you just wanna say "I like you"). You'll get a lot better results if you do this than if you rush things. I hope this helps!

#4 Tails Luver, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  5. Will2M

Tails Luver, that is what I was thinking of doing and it is very nice to see someone support that line of thinking. Thank you!

6. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're welcome! ^_^ Yeah, I really need to take that piece of advice I just gave you. There's this guy on my bus that I'm crushing on, and I've never even talked to him once! Hopefully, we can both take my advice!