1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

...Another punch in the gut...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TrueBlue8228, Sep 5, 2012.

1. TrueBlue8228

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I think this is more of a rant than anything.

So I'm watching the DNC on television with my mother and at the end she was like all bothered about how she doesn't know who to vote for anymore. She said she was Obama until he decided on same sex-marriage, and that if he's a christian he's going against his christian beliefs, ect. (For those that don't know and have not read my previous post, my mother is like a super jesus christian) She even told me she was talking at work in their breakroom to some guys about all the political stuff going on and how she strongly disagreed about homosexuals and same-sex marraige, ect, and that there was a gay women that she knows she pissed off but didn't care. :frowning2:

Anyways, this really hurts because I was planning on coming out to both her and my father soon. Now I feel like its never gonna happen. Yes, 26 and I still live at home. I really need to move out but I've been going to school on and off because I can't make up my mind on what the hell I want to do for a career. Now that I finally decided what I want to do, I am on a path of getting my degree and moving out and ect, but its not anytime soon.

Like I said, this is more of a rant. I needed to just get it out. I love my mom to death and I'm sure she does the same, but I know coming out to her will just ruin her and make things a mess between us. I know because she sticks to her Christian ways and beliefs to the fullest...idk...this just sucks....

TB

2. Mango

If that's the case, then you most definitely shouldn't come out until you've graduated and have secured gainful employment.

I personally think that some people should never come out to certain other people. It's like you know she's never going to change her mind. Coming out to her, would be like confessing to your best friend who's a die hard skinhead Nazi that your mother is really Jewish and your father is pure bloodied Ethiopian...

There's no question, feelings will change!

I'd come out to the best friend, but not my mother...

Of course, he could never be my best friend anyways..

#2 Mango, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  3. TrueBlue8228

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I hear you Mango,

But my situation is that my mom is very friendly with my friends and knows almost everyone I hang out with. She's all friends with them on facebook and such. Some of my friends know that I'm gay and I've asked them to keep it off facebook because I've rather not her find out that way, I'd rather me tell her myself. But I know there are some of my friends that I hang out with now, who don't know I'm gay, that when they find out will slip some how on facebook and she'll find out.

I just know that scenario would not work out too well. This is the reason why I just wanted to tell them sooner rather than later...:frowning2:

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm...I think she may change her opinion if she knows that someone she loves unconditionally is gay. I am out to my mom and she took it very well. I mean, she isn't religious so that does make a difference. I know it wouldn't be done intentionally, but hopefully no one accidentally outs you on Facebook. That's why I am very choosy about who I am friends with on Facebook. You can have them set certain privacy controls just in case, but I'm sure you're only being paranoid.

Perhaps you should tell your mom who you are voting for and then tell her why. It'll be perfect because you can bring up the topic at anytime now considering the upcoming election.