1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demisexual?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hiddenxrainbows, Sep 6, 2012.

1. hiddenxrainbows

Okay so a year or so ago, I thought I was pansexual. But now, after learning more and finding more terms for stuff, I don't know if I actually or not. I found the term "demisexual" and it's when someone isn't sexually attracted to a person until they get an emotional/romantic connection with that person, there's no sexual desire just from looking at the person's physical features, but rather their personality and their connection. And I really think that fits me well. Because I've only ever really been sexually attracted to a few people, people I fell in love with and got really close to. And again, it was a very small number. Two or three to be exact. Anyway, I think I can identify well with demisexual. But the thing I'm confused about is the fact that I can still look at people (girls, guys, etc) and think that they're attractive. I'm biologically a female, but I can look at another female and be like wow, she's hot! But I don't really wanna do anything with her, I just find her attractive. Because for me, I need to really be close and connected to the person I have sex with.

So does this really make me a demisexual? And if so, what is that extra thing I just said about, about still finding multiple genders attractive, but not wanting to have sex with them? Is there a specific word for that, or a better word than demisexual, or does that not even matter at all?

2. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi hun. I can't help much except to offer this bit of information: According to one hypothetical model, a person who identifies as a demisexual does not experience primary sexual attraction but does experience secondary sexual attraction. In this model, primary sexual attraction is based on outward qualities such as a person's looks, clothes, or personality while secondary sexual attraction is attraction stemming from a connection, usually romantic, or from status or how closely the person is in relationship to the other.

Does that remind you of your attraction? Sorry, wish I could help more but I hardly know anything about Demisexuality.