1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to "Get over it."

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Butterthecat23, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Butterthecat23

If I could only get past this my life would be so much happier....

I was always the favorite. Everyone always liked me best, and even my parents kind of favored me. I've always been likeable. But then I came out to my parents, and now they act as if I'm some kind of outcast. and that cuts me so deep because we were always so close and now our relationship is falling apart. They told me they'd always love me, even if I was sexually different. But I don't think they were expecting my fetish as my sexual difference.

They stand by their damn religion (Sorry for the language, but...) and they declare that I am a sinner and all this other Sh*t I know isn't true. My mom is still wavering, but my dad.... It's like I'm a failure in his eyes. He does nothing but yell at, pick on, and belittle me. I hate that. It's like no matter what I do it never pleases him. And I was his little angel. Why do parents do this? How do I get over it? I just.... I don't know what to do anymore.

2. Ianthe

Fetishes are something to share between you and your partner(s). I don't really understand why you think you need anyone's approval, or for your parents to know.

In this situation, even if you were gay I might advise you to lie until you could be independent of your parents. Just tell them they were right and you are no longer going to pursue any interest in your fetish.

As a lesbian, I want my parents to accept and support my relationships with women. I wouldn't ever want to tell them about my specific sexual practices. I don't really understand why your parents need to know about your fetish at all.

3. Butterthecat23

I didn't really get a say in the matter. My mom was clearing off space on my computer and I.... I did some stuff I wasn't proud of, and I didn't realize it would stay on my computer and she found the files. I didn't want to tell her, but she found out and she refuses to accept it.