1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know if im overthinking this..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sep345, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Sep345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alright so im sort of emotional and kind of take things too seriously. The other day me and my boyfriend we were skyping and he said that i was the best looking boyfriend that he has.
    I reply with a well im the only one you have right now :slight_smile:, you know as a joke. He replies with a "no" I just reply with three dots and all he says is "whatever, youre the most handsome". I ask him if he was serious and he says "dude haha we never said that this was exclusive" i ask him again if he is serious. "but youre the cutest <3". The day before i told him that ive been feeling bad, like depressed and shit and honestly hes not the best advice giver but he knew that i felt like that. I dont know what to think i told him that he could fuck off, his expression was like surprised/angry ? I really dont remember what it was, but he just said "kbye". I logged out since i had to go anyways and i messaged him with a simple hey. "i was joking omg" he replies. I sort of cool down a little but i still think he told me what i wanted to hear. I tell him im really gullible and the way he said it made it very convincing i throw in a joke to settle things down a bit, and he replies with "hahaha yeah youre really gullible". I reply with "and after what i told you the other day... i have an amazing boyfriend :slight_smile:". It was late so im guessing he fell asleep then, but i told him good night and to tell me when he could talk (hes out of town atm) and that i loved him. I dont know when he read the message but when i woke up he had read it. Im really doubting if he was joking or not. If he know how i am right now and how I usually am and for him to say that it felt like....ugh. Hes not the sentimental type but i know that he loves me, but i really dont know what to think anymore. He should understand me and get that, that kind of stuff hurts me and it really did.

#1 Sep345, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  2. amigay

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can see what you mean mate. I'm more of the sentimemental type but some people jsut arent. Now if you were not exclusive he should of let you know . Whatever you need man I'm here if you need to chat more, just post on my wall :slight_smile: (*hug*)

3. Sep345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks dude I appreciate it :slight_smile:

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know, it sounds like he probably is dating on the side. But if you guys never talked about or set those boundaries, then I guess you can't really be too mad. Although he definitely should have asked about the status of your guys' relationship before going out and dating other people I think. It sounds like you guys need to sit down and discuss where you're at.

5. th3wallflow3r

it sounds a bit fishy tbh, you may want to bring it up with him and explain that it makes you feel uncomfortable?

6. Sep345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He was the one that asked me out and that really wanted to be my boyfriend. And i do too and i love him its just... I dont want to turn this into a big problem, its already happened that i fuck it up more than once thanks to my insecurity. I really dont know what to think... Ive been having a bad week and i think letting it pass will probably help me out.

7. john1984

Letting it pass might help you out now but may make it worse later. Maybe it's just me but i think if you're going out with someone they shouldn't be messing around with other people unless that was the agreement up front. Don't ignore what your gut or instinct is telling you. You should be treated with respect. You know him and maybe he was just joking or messing with you and if thats the case then take it for what it is and let it go.

8. Sep345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Last week we had an argument/discussion and the main problem was that there were somethings that are in the way of this relationship, mostly on my side. I don't know how to approach him about this, I feel like if I just tell he'll just say that it was nothing, just a joke. Who know maybe it was but I need him to make it clear that this is a relationship between him and me. It doesn't make sense if you care about someone and love them that you would go seeking another relationship.

9. john1984

If you're doing something wrong or have issues then figure out what they are and change it. That is probably easier to say than do but the only person we really have the ability to change is ourselves. I agree if someone really loves you they wouldn't look for other people, but some people are ok with it. If you're not ok with it then don't settle because you will never be happy doing that. Remember you deserve to be treated with love and respect and that starts with having them for yourself.