1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Severe guy issues

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Daisuki, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Daisuki

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm attracted to women. It sort of hit me all
    Of the sudden. I think I wouldn't love women
    If I hadn't been abused and been well....you...know.
    I don't know how to say it but I now hate men.
    I'm afraid and don't know what to do. Also is me liking
    Women because of the trauma from men.

2. Mango

Welcome to EC, Daisuki!

If you can remember always being attracted to guys at one time, and never women, before some major traumatic event, or perhaps even a sequence of events, then yes, I'd say that abusive men have driven you away from males, in general.

Of course, that doesn't mean that you've never had some type of latent or suppressed attraction for women that was simply unleashed or catalyzed by abusive men, either. This type of attraction could have been subconsciously suppressed from overriding "social or cultural values" taught by family or society.

OTOH, there are some women who have been subjected to the most horrendous types of verbal and physical abuse, but never even considered having romantic feelings towards other females.

#2 Mango, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  3. julia

Do you think you just feel this way because you were abused by a male? Do you see yourself with a woman? Sexually and/or romantically? Really think to yourself, "Could I be with a woman? Do I really hate men or just the man who abused me?"
    Sorry you had to go through that, though, hun <3