1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

middle school lesbian

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by uglydolly6, Sep 6, 2012.

1. uglydolly6

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hello all and beyond! i'm a lesbian, though as the title says in middle school. 8th grade, now two things should i become openly gay and should i start a GSA? i'm already open to all of my friends and i don't think anyone would bully me so i'll leave it up to you all. the reason i don't know if i should start a GSA is because some kids might still be confused, plus it's my last year, any thoughts?

thanks! love you all!

2. Kat kanu

if you feel your ready i would do it that way others who are confused or ready to come out have a way

3. SheWhoHasNoName

I would start it in high school. Just my opinion though.

4. J Snow

I'd say its entirely up to you. I guess I'm really ignorant, because I went to Catholic school and have no idea how complicated it is to do something like that in Public school. You couldn't even really express support of LGBT rights in my school...

I would say it all depends on your environment, if you think people will be accepting then I think its incredibly awesome to get involved with something like that at such a young age.

5. itsjoanna

I think you should start it in high school. More people would probably join since there will be more people yknow?

6. Mango

I agree with SheWhoHasNoName!

Things are changing too fast in middle school. Hormones haven't even had a chance to settle down yet. In some cases, hormones haven't even taken off yet. There's peer pressure versus what you think you may be feeling versus what you are actually feeling versus what authority figures tell you that you're feeling.

By late ninth grade or early tenth grade, just about everybody should have a clue about their orentation. Most males will know for certain if girls are at all attractive to them. They might not know to what degree, but they'll know something. They should also know if they're the least bit interested in guys, too.

With girls, most will know if they're interested in guys or not. A few will still be wrestling with the actual idea about having sex, if they've never masturbated before. Most girls would have masturbated already, by the age of 16 yrs. If they have, most would have thoughts about guys when doing so. A few would be thinking about other girls, exclusively. Some will only be thinking about the sensation alone.

#6 Mango, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012