1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ruby Dragon, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last night I was reading a couple of threads on my laptop in front of the TV. I was sitting next to my mom, and she kept glancing at the screen, and actually read part of one of the threads with me (I saw her reading out of the corner of my eye). She quickly picked up that I was reading an LGBT forum and just gave a little sigh and continued to watch TV. I felt that it's a big step in the right direction, for her to show interest in what I'm doing/reading regarding my sexuality :thumbsup:

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's pretty cool that's she's interested. My family knows how much I enjoy being on this site; I'm always on my phone though, like, right now. I can remember being very discreet about liking women, but not anymore!

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A little sigh? Like out of frustration? :frowning2:

4. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately, as far as I could tell, yes. Out of frustration. Or disappointment, or something negative... Perhaps it was more of a "rolling-of-the-eyes" sigh like "Some things will never change" or the type of sigh a friend would sometimes give. I don't know how to interpret it really. But in this case, I think it was negative :frowning2:

I just wish they'd talk to me about their feelings. Since I came out to them, we've only discussed my sexuality once, and that resulted in a fight. So to avoid any unpleasantness, it's now pretty much a taboo subject. They'll get used to it eventually. I mean, I've had years to get used to liking girls/women, they've only had a few months now to get used to the idea.

I've talked about EC before, specifically mentioning that it's an LGBT forum. But I doubt they really caught on. Until last night, that is. What more can I do to get their support/acceptance? I don't like the tension whenever I dare mention something gay-related... Though I have to mention this: There's someone who I suspect to be a closet gay, or at least bisexual. Also the whole married, children scene. But there are subtle things he does, and the way he talks that just gives me the impression he's closeted. My dad agrees. So I think he's a bit more open-minded about the whole thing, though not completely comfortable with me being bisexual

#4 Ruby Dragon, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, that really sucks. You might just keep going with that approach that they will get used to it. As much as I am a terrible battle axe, I'm willing to admit that people don't just change and become unproblematic overnight. (*hug*)

6. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to remain positive about it. The fact that I came out to them has taken a whole load off my shoulders, so I am now free to be myself, and I think more things make sense to them now :slight_smile:

Perhaps I should leave EC open a few times, for them to discover :lol: Even if they saw this thread, it'd be cool. It might open a door of communication (LGBT-related)