1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Thread. Same me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gazza123, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

This is from one of my other threads and I just wanted to know if anyone else is like this and is in a similar situation.

2. AllyCat

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi Gazza, I know exactly where you're coming from. I've been trying to be more social for the last year or so after being a turtle for most of my life and it's not easy. You join an existing club and there's a risk that everyone else has already formed a clique and will not easily accept you. And I have thought about starting my own activity or hosting a party but it is a lot of work and I worry that nobody will show up.

But I think Ianthe has a point that it won't magically get better on its own and you have to do something. I've tried to do things for about a year and while I've had the misfortune to meet some jerks, I've also had the luck to meet some really great people.

Would it be possible for you to join an activity, and if you meet somebody you would like to spend more time with, you can ask if they would like to do something outside that activity that maybe you're more interested in?

And finally, don't be so hard on yourself and think that you're meant to have nobody. Everybody deserves to have friends and to feel loved. Sometimes it just takes time and you have to throw back a lot of minnows before you finally catch a good fish.

Hope this helps!

3. th3wallflow3r

I'm generally quite lazy when it comes to seeing people and stuff but I'm quite lucky that the cosplay community in which I belong to Have a great many minorities within them and as a whole are very accepting.

maybe try visiting an lgbqt group? even if its only once a month or once a year its a start?

don't be too hard on yourself, everyone deserves love and you are no different.

4. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

It isn't possible... reasons. Well I have many of them and all valid in my eyes

---------- Post added 7th Sep 2012 at 09:48 PM ----------

There isn't any.. at least not close by and I am not traveling miles to visit a group I may not like or want to go to

5. dreamcatcher

Hey Gazza! I can totally relate. I've spent the last year and a half at my new college without really any friends. I've managed to make one real friend in school the past year at least but she's also in the same boat as I am. Two socially retarded people finding their way in the world :/ I've met lots of acquaintances and I''ve tried to get closer to them but every time I invite someone to do stuff they will agree but then they never ask me to do things and then I get very insecure about it. Like I'm always the one initiating things and they never get back to me :/ I've also joined some clubs but they're so big and impersonal and I don't know how to get closer to the people there. I've met lots of people but don't have close relationships except for like one. :frowning2: I feel your pain.

Wow sorry. Didn't mean to vent. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone :slight_smile:

6. CTJ

CTJ

I know exactly what you mean, i dont have any gay friends and i live in a shitty little town with no 'scene'. It's hard to see how i'll ever eventually manage to find someone when there's no groups or support networks in my county, (Northamptonshire sucks) or if there is, they're definitely not in my town and without a car and my work schedule, i'll never manage to get out there.

Still, im not fully out yet so i suppose thats gonna be a road block to meeting someone too. I'm still waiting for things to 'get better', but i have a sneaky suspicion that, for me at least, it might not happen.

7. AllyCat

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh wow. Story of my life right there the last few months.