1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

22 and feeling bad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mlpguy88, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure what hit me this morning, I was okay thinking about it last night but now it's my birthday and I feel very down.

I'm 22, it has been 10 years since I first knew I am gay, it has been 1 1/2 years of being able to accept it, and I still can't tell anyone. What the hell is wrong with me? :bang:

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Deep breaths here ok were gunna find a way to help you caml down and feel better . i think its wounderfull being gay . theres so many great things to haappen in your future as a young man who is gay . Why not go celebrate your birthday any ways ok ?? have fun and pm me if need be

---------- Post added 7th Sep 2012 at 05:26 AM ----------

and btw nothing is wrong with you (*hug*)

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy Birthday!! (!)

There's nothing wrong with you; can I ask you why aren't you able to come out at the moment?

4. CTJ

CTJ

Dude, im in the same boat, i'm also 22 and i've known i was gay for as long as i can remember. Over the past year i have managed to tell a few people but it kills me a little inside every time.

If you're like me, even though you feel like you've accepted it, when it comes down to it, you're still feeling like you've been dealt a shit hand, that its not fair you're gay and you'd give anything to not be gay. From how i understand it, coming out and being gay becomes alot easier when you're actually happy that you're gay and you can be proud of who you are. In that sense i think i need more time to accept and embrace the gay, maybe you do too?

Like others have said, just put the thoughts to one side for today and just enjoy your birthday. You're only 22 once after all.

5. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Come on now, it's just [​IMG] :grin:

In time you'll really learn to embrace it and fully accept yourself. Especially after you actually do tell someone, then it kind of makes it more real. Do you have any family or friends that would be understanding and accepting?

6. ForceAndVerve

Well first of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! (*hug*)

And if it makes you feel any better, I'm 24 and haven't told a soul. So no, there's nothing wrong with you.

7. NordicSpirit

I havent come out to anyone new in almost 2 years :frowning2: Im thinking I might just get on with my life and let them figure it out for themselves.

I wouldnt worry to much, it'll happen when it happens.

PS. Happy Birthday!!! :grin:

8. Akatosh

26 and have only told a few people. It gets better, but it is definitely a layer of transparency I wish I could let in those who are the closest. Happy birthday! Virgo's RULE!!!

9. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It scares me beyond belief, so much that it almost makes me vomit

10. TwistnShout

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There is nothing wrong with you. I'm sure a lot or at least more than you may think, feel very similar to you. I've known my whole life and I've only been accepting of it the past 1 1/2 years too. The only reason that I've been able to be more accepting is that I've had a few close and supporting friends. If I didn't have that support system, I may never have been able to accept it. A part of me still finds it's hard to fully accept it, and I don't embrace it (meaning it's still hard to think about being in a same sex relationship). However, I'm more open about it (not loud and proud). I will tell friends when I find myself getting close to them or when I have male suitors. My advice is to find a good support system. Perhaps a close friend, family member (you'd actually be surprised who would be accepting), or maybe you'd consider joining a local LGBT group. Then you will slowly start becoming more confortable with the fact that you are gay and can't change it.

11. Artemicion

You sound like me, but two years ago. So there is nothing wrong with you. I came out in a way that wasn't the best. I crashed and burned a bit (since I came out to my mom first...), well maybe that's an exaggeration in comparison to other people, but no amount of planning nor preparation on my end could prepare for whatever was coming when I came out especially to my parents. But do get comfortable first with yourself before telling someone and I suggest telling a trusted close friend – well actually maybe not close, but at minimum trusted and someone who isn't a blabber mouth.