1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FFS questions and junk

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DoriaN, Sep 7, 2012.

1. DoriaN

First off I was curious if people knew how much facial feminization costs and just generic info about it.

On a related topic since Im out of town I want to upload a pic of myself but have had aheck of a time trying to upload on my phone.
    I wanted to ask that people look at me and be honest if they think HRT would allow me to eventually pass.
    At the moment the only pic I have of myself doesn't show my face that well.

Also I now hate photobucket and imageshack, useless on a phone...

2. RainDreamer

3. DoriaN

Is it common to leave countries to go to thailand for surgery?
    Why not get it done in NA?

4. FoxFire11

Mainly cost, Thailand is heaps cheaper than NA. Also if im not mistaken to get surgery in NA or any western country has certain requirements (from memory note I could be wrong. approval from two psychologists, living as your desired sex for a set amount of time etc) However in Thailand these restrictions either don't exist or are heaps relaxed.

5. DoriaN

Well I saw the price thing but the requirements seem to be the same as NA. For myself I'd be super concerned regarding quality and legitimacy.

6. FoxFire11

It varies from surgeon to surgeon some are obvious good others terrible, however I don't think its regulated in any form wheres in NA/Europe there's various laws/regulations which aim to ensure that the patient gets the best care that's in their best interest.

However I'm working largely from memory, its been a while since researched this topic, for various reasons.

7. J Snow

I think people mainly go to Thailand because the surgeries are much cheaper. My understanding is people go to Thailand from all over the world for trans related surgeries, so I think there are actually probably a lot of decent surgeons. Though, I was just aware of people making that trip for SRS, not FFS.

I don't know about the details in FFS prices, and I mean honestly my understanding is that there are so many different components to it that its hard to tell specifically. Some people get a nose job, some people get a trachea shave, others don't need that. I think there is likely an extremely large variance. But I'm not expert. I'm putting off making surgery decisions until I've had time to adjust to the effects of HRT and am out of college to be able to save up for them anyway >.<

I would look into the specific details of your insurance plan too. Its unlikely, but I think certain plans cover a portion of surgical costs. Though you are in Canada, so I have no idea how health insurance is covered up there, so disregard this I guess =P

8. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    FFS doesn't require all those examinations and such, you can go many different routes.
    such as hormone therapy, which will eventually round out your face and cause a serious drop in hair growth.
    there is also the method of having injections, and the availability of those from a licensed professional varies state by state, and may require an evaluation from a psychologist, but either way do NOT get pumped by someone who is not licensed and doing it in a professional medical facility, waaaaay too many people die every year from bad pumping.
    there is also the option of facial surgery, which may or may not require some serious searching to find a surgeon willing to do the work, and they might require a psych eval too.
    my suggestion is to look into the process for canadians and see what your options really are. ask your doctor.

9. FoxFire11

Whoops i should learn to read more :eusa_doh:. i assumed SRS based on the posted link above Sorry.

FFS shouldn't have requirements like SRS.