1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost within myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DarkestJade, Sep 7, 2012.

1. DarkestJade

This is my first post, so I don't really know the drill... :\

Anyway, I guess I feel lost. I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for almost 4 years now and shortly before we started dating I came out as Bi. She said she accepted it... but a couple of weeks later she said she hates that and she doesn't know if she can be with somebody that's bi... (on a side note, she's not a big believer of "bisexuality", to her it's gay or straight). I basically calmed her down and it's reached a point where we don't EVER talk about it and on the odd occasion it does get mentioned she usually jokes about, "oh like you used to think you're bi" kind of thing. I am bi, I full feel that way. I haven't had much "experience" with guys, but that's not what its about. I just wish I could be more open about how I feel about things.
    I feel constantly stressed out and I actually have started feeling ashamed of myself from so much denial... I never felt that before we started dating. I just wish there was a close friend that I could talk to, but I don't even have those anymore (Partly my fault for being generally unlikable, partly her jealousy about spending time with anyone for too long).

I'm putting it really crudely, and she's not a bad person. She was just raised with stricter beliefs and she's also very religious (which I am not) so that doesn't help either. I guess what I'm asking here is... does anyone else feel trapped in a hole in this way?

I know that staying in the closet is also being trapped, but I mean, I came out the closet WIDE openly... yet now I've had to go back in... and I feel I can't even start thinking about talking to her about it... In all honesty, I just want a friend... Even that would be enough...

2. th3wallflow3r

I think that you need to force her to listen, explain to her how you feel and about being bi, try and get her to understand.
    while you may not be able to have her believe that bisexuality exists (unfortunately many people think this along with asexuality) it will help you a lot being able to talk freely.
    I.can understand you not wanting to go back "in the closet"

3. DarkestJade

I wish, the thing is I can't make her listen... she's stubborn, like trying to ask politely if Mount Everest would please move to the side... Seriously stubborn... and although I love her... she does have a bit of an... anger... issue. She is a lovey and amazing woman, but she has a darker side from her past that can do some serious damage to my life...

And on the note of Asexuality... I believe in it, but I just don't understand it... :confused:
    It seems just so strange to me who is quite a sexually passionate being... But I like the diversity of people and to be honest... in todays world it's safer to be asexual...