1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've kissed a boy and I... didn't like it.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sayu, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Sayu

Yesterday night I was drunk for the first time in my life. I didn't drink very much but since I'm not used to drinking, I got drunk. Now we were hanging out with a bunch of friends. There is this one boy I kind of have liked for a long time but I wasn't sure with my feelings. I wanted to kiss him, I wanted to try what it would do with me. I don't even remember how we kissed though I know I was the one who started. And then, it went on for like half an hour. We were laying on a bed and we were kissing intensely. He even went with his hand under my T-shirt :icon_redf He wanted to go under my pants too, but I remember I always caught his hand and didn't let him there :eusa_naug

In the end, I just didn't like it and I feel so ashamed of myself :icon_redf I still like him though and he remains my very good friend. We were both drunk. He knows I'm into girls. So that's it. I tried it and didn't like it. But now I have to constantly think about yesterday night :bang: I'm so stupid!!! :tears: I don't want to drink alcohol anymore :bang: I wonder whether he remembers it all but I think he does. We didn't drink that much. OMG I'm sooo ashamed of myself :tears:

Any advices guys? How to get it off my mind? :eusa_doh:

#1 Sayu, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just try not to think about it too much, try not to feel guilty about what you did, you tried it you didnt like it as long as you are honest with the guy now and dont string him along then you havent done anything wrong.

3. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this...if you make a big deal out of it things will only become worse for you and him...if it helps i had a similar experience only it was with two girls and two guys who happened to all be dating each other. we actually haven't talked about it since but because i did that i can honestly say that its not that i don't like girls im just not into them. and that experience has helped me when people ask me things like "how can you not be into women"

4. Ianthe

Just accept it as a learning experience and move on. If it seems like he's hurt, you can apologize to him, but it sounds like he's okay with the whole thing.

5. Sayu

Thanks, I'll try not to think about it anymore. Maybe I'll chat with him. We have always been honest with each other.

And I don't think he's hurt. He walked me home after this with another friend of ours and we laughed the whole way... But I feel like I need to reassure him that this is not something that will happen again. I think he knows it though.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As long as you've always been honest with each other, then I'd say continue on being so. Being quiet will just make things more awkward. Just say "I probably shouldn't have had that much to drink that night. But I did want to try kissing you, just to see what it was like. And honestly...it wasn't as good as I hoped. Not that you're not a good kisser or anything. I just guess I really AM gay." I can't imagine he'd have any issue with that. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. DoriaN

"I'll never drink again!...........until next week..."

Been there.

Don't stress, you'll be fine m'dear.

8. TrueBlue8228

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My weekend slogan!!! :roflmao:

TB

9. PurpleCrab

I think nobody said this so I will: it may help for you to remember that most people go through (about) this same experience you just been through at least once in their lives. Lesbians with boys, straight girls with girls, gay boys with girls, straight boys with boys.. Even gay girls with girls and... well, all the combinations are possible, probable, and have been done with as much regret as you're going through :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I find that it helps not make a big deal out of it when you realize how common this is. Of course, people won't start screaming it on the roofs..

10. IrishLad93

This is completely normal, just a shiite situation as he's your good friend! I personally think it will only become a big ordeal if you let it, mind over matter.

Id say the drink definitely lead things on a bit but somwhere deep down you probably wanted to just experience what it would be like with another man aswell,
    As theres such a fuss with all the girls and who theyre dating and hooking up and vice versa with men.

If he is a close friend like you say he is just say something like "I was so drunk the other night, Im sorry if anything out of hand happened." But I would suggest not blowing it off to non-chalantly as you most likely do not want to not hurt his feelings either. Its also very probable that he's in the same predicament, thinking that he went overboard as he knows you as a friend and lesbian, because after all we experience the same awkwardness and emotions as were all human!

11. Sayu

Thank you very much, PurpleCrab and IrishLad93, this calmed me down a bit :slight_smile: