1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to find a good time to come out to my dad?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by VireBlaze, Sep 8, 2012.

1. VireBlaze

Hey guys! :3

So, I wanna come out to my dad at some point, because my mom and a lot of my close friends know, and in extension know about my boyfriend. And I don't wanna come out to anyone else UNTIL I tell my dad. It just makes it easier on me, not to mention considering my boyfriend's coming up at the beginning of October, then we don't have to be so awkward.

Thing is... there's a lot of stuff going on with my dad right now. The pressure of being general manager of a store is kinda getting to him, he's dealing with a robbery COMMITTED by an employee in said store - someone whom he trusted, supported, and helped - and now he's pressing charges. ._.;

My dad doesn't show stress easily, so it's hard to know how he feels sometimes. But it feels like there'll never be a good time to actually come out to him. Well, he's going on a trip with my mom for a week to Reno, roughly a week after my boyfriend starts staying up here for about 16-18 days. Is before or after the trip the best time? Or maybe after my boyfriend leaves? I'm not sure. :/

2. Zach12345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    After that go on vacation. He'll be relaxed and non stressed. Perfect time and you have your boyfriend to support you through it!