1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Almost...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HarleyQ, Sep 8, 2012.

1. HarleyQ

This is not a coming out story... but an "almost coming out" story lol. A friend of mine and I were having a really nice heart-to-heart tonight and I almost told her. I'm really new to this site and I joined partially because I was looking for some people to understand and partially because one of my goals for this year was to come out to certain people. I've gotten all the easy ones taken care of and I finally got my parents... but my best friends are another story...

I got so close to saying it and then I chickened out :frowning2: I guess... I'm kind of asking if anyone has any advice on how to bring it up?? I'm new here and I've been exploring a lot and I've found so many wonderful acceptance stories... and I really want one for myself! lol. I'm just scared. My family seems okay with it most of the time, but I'm not sure how my female friends are going to react :/

2. Wayward Girl

Heeeey. :eusa_clap Props to you for coming out to your parents, I was scared out of my mind to do it. I actually came out to my friends first.
    First of all, if they're really your friends then they won't care. I know it's a little cliche but it's true! So here's what I think you should say. Don't try to make a big deal about it, just say something along the lines of "I have something important to tell you. I'm bisexual."
    It might be a little awkward at first with your female friends. Eventually, though, they will get used to the idea. One of the first people I came out to was my friend Jenni. At first she was a little uneasy at first but now we're insanely close.
    Good luck. I promise you it'll be fine! (*hug*)