1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting a GSA

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wayward Girl, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Wayward Girl

I would really like to start a GSA at my high school. I'm a freshman this year. The problem is, I have no idea if anyone would join. I know of two gay boys and maybe one or two other bi girls. I'm sure there are other LGBT kids, I just haven't met them.

Another thing: it might as well just be an LGBTQ club, since I don't know if any straight kids would want to join. There are my friends and the people who say they support us, sure, but I don't know if anyone would be up for a GSA. I live in a very conservative town. There are some pissy people here. Coming out is a big deal. I have no idea how

everyone would react to us trying to start a club.
    I really really want to meet others though. I want to be able to talk about issues and hang out and go to Pride Days in Colorado and stuff. I want group hugs! (&&&)

Does anyone have any experience, thoughts, advice? It's something I want to do but I don't know if it's a good idea or if it's worth it. I'm also a little scared, I guess. Argh. :bang:

2. Gen

Gen

Well since you yourself are already out than I dont see a problem with starting one. People wont be any more prissy at you for making a club than they already are for just being gay. I think it would be a good idea, so go for it.

(Plus if you are the one to start it you get first dibbs on president ^_^).