1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another thing to add to my usual list of "FML" moments...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jsmurf, Sep 9, 2012.

1. jsmurf

I was eating teriyaki tonight, and was observing these two hot guys sitting next to me... Afterwards, I met my parents at the beach for a walk... My dad asks (mom is walking a distance ahead and couldn't hear- she's supposedly the one more uncomfortable with my orientation) why it took me so long to eat my food.. And I decided to be exceedingly bold, so i said, "i was enjoying the view of two handsome young gents my age." My dad shudders and says, "Ok, shut the hell up, i dont want to hear about it."

Then I confront him about his reaction and he feels bad and shows what looks like 'reluctant remorse', but doesnt want to dwell on it and goes to bed.

On top of being out of shape at the moment (and being called out as something extremely undesirable about it by family), i now also have this to feel like shit over.

:bang::bang::bang:

unemployed, out of luck, ugly, friendless, and no imminent means to move out asap...

:bang::bang::bang:

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say telling your dad what was actually on your mind was awesome. Any time we can get our parents flustered is a good time.

And don't listen to your parents - you are not ugly. Everybody is somebody's type. :slight_smile:

3. Gen

Gen

You're not ugly (*hug*).

If you have a problem with your appearance that you can actually change, than by all means do whatever will make you feel comfortable. But dont let anyone effect the way you feel about yourself. How dare they refer to anything about you as undesirable. If you are not content with where you currently stand in your life than maybe it time to sit back and rethink everything. Maybe just finding a job isnt the best move right now. I cant give much advise because I dont know what you're plans were/are or what you have done in the past, but coming up with a plan is always helpful.