1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bumped into some from high school :-/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by katmando, Jan 27, 2008.

1. katmando

A few nights ago I went out to dinner with my aunt. Anyway, I had a good time with her, but I bumped into a girl from high school I did not like and who I remember was pretty mean in school. Called me fag and such.

Actually I was looking over old classmates on myspace a few days ago and when I saw her I said to myself I hope I never run into her(just my luck eh???)

Since I was always worried so much about my voice sounding stero typically gay in high school my voice started to bother me some at dinner. Then I overheard a converation her(my former classmates) and her husband was having. And they were talking about some girl/guy who had a really raspy voice and they could not figure out or there friends could not figure out what sex(male/female) they were. That was pretty triggering.

I think what I am learning is this. The girl moved on with her and probably never thinks abut me. I need to keep moving on I never thought about her in specifically. I thought of just everyone who teased me in school. I only really thought about her recently because I saw her on myspace and bumped into her.

Anyway, its over with.

On to me. I have an interview with a major airline in about a week and a half as a flight attendant. I am excited. As I posted before the other job did not work. I am also on some new medication and lets hope these are more helpful

Thanks for all the support, past and present
    Justin

#1 katmando, Jan 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  2. katmando

One other thing, but my time ran out. Even though I know it was probably not my voice they were making fun of sometimes my OCD gets in the way and and I have a tendecy to make it about me.

3. CerahWright

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i hate OCD!!! I have it and it drives me nuts. but i won't take medicine for it. Good luck with the job.

4. Psychedelic Bookmarks

good luck with the job!! flight attendants are super cool ^_^ hope it goes well! and i'm sorry about that woman, but at least you got a good resolution out of it: try not to think about them, because sad people like that are so much worse off than you are :slight_smile:

5. InaRut

:grin: Good work. Self reflection is a trait not seen in many people...except alot of the people on EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. It's good to see that you didn't make an ass of yourself. Good luck with the job.