1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im a liar ..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mercy, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Mercy

Mercy Guest

ive lied to you guys about so much and its about time i owned up to them my gf nevver died . my grandmother nevver died and i still talk to Shebbs from ec . I also lied about being happy im really depressed bacause ive been abandoned by all of my family and friends and it hurts . Theres no excuse for what ive done and im so very sorry . I lied because i was hurt and didnt know how to express my self appropriatly . I respect and love all of you and i really dont deserve to be forgivven . the mods know and they have decided to help me cope with what ive done and give me one more chance here on ec . Please pm me if you have any more questions or if your mad at me . Telling the truth is better than keeping those lies inside . :icon_sad: <3 im so so sorry

2. NordicSpirit

I think you're really brave for admitting that. Hope you start to feel better soon (*hug*)

3. Mercy

Mercy Guest

4. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's okay hun, you don't need to lie to us (*hug*)

5. Mercy

Mercy Guest

i know all i can do is cry right now im so so ashamed

6. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry, I don't hold it against you

I know how hard it is to be honest with people, but you can always be honest here (*hug*)

7. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. I've found it to actually be much easier to be totally honest here. Maybe it's the supportive atmosphere, the anonymity provided by the security of the Internet, or just the overall awesomeness of the people I've met here, but it's definitely something.

8. BudderMC

To tag onto these, while I've also found it incredibly easy to be honest on here, I think that mentality is also trickling into my daily life. I'm finding it much much harder to be dishonest about things when I'm talking with people in person now.

9. dreamcatcher

^ I feel the same way too. And it's ok Mercy. We all make mistakes (*hug*)

10. Mercy

Mercy Guest

i agree

11. Bree

The first step of figuring out how to stop lying is admitting that you do. I've helped my sister deal with the same kind of instinctive lying. It sucks, and it's hard to trust a person who does that even after they've admitted to it, because you still know that they could fall back on it. Just do your best, and if you ever lie in a thread correct it in the next message- people trust you more the sooner you tell the truth.
    Thank you for being honest now, and good luck.

12. Emberblaze

It's alright girlie, no harm done. If anything, EC has taught me that the people on this website are not just blank faces behind a faraway computer screen.

When you're hurtin, you say things, and nobody on here would ever judge you for what you've said, alright?

Now sad faces on this train, let's see a smile? (Sorry, my optimism get's the best of me some times)

13. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It takes a lot of strength to do what you just did. Just remember that the people here care about you already, so you don't need to make up stories.

14. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I've told worse lies. I completely understand how it is. Not sure if you're the same as me on this one, but when I was in a very dark and hurtful place, I had incredibly low self esteem, so I sort of wanted to feel bad, or felt I deserved to feel bad, so made up lies that are worse up than I actually was, in order to satisfy that need for feeling bad.

If not then still no harm done, nobody will ever judge you here as I've come to learn. It is of course possible to fix instinctive lying with hard work and discipline.

(*hug*)

15. Mercy

Mercy Guest

<3 once again im so sorry

---------- Post added 9th Sep 2012 at 12:01 PM ----------

i just told the one person i was even more scared of teliling about my lying too by email now im terefied

16. Eleanor Rigby

You've done the right thing. I imagine it's very difficult to own up your lies and it's very brave of you to do so instead of just running away. I hope you're going to learn from this that you don't need to make up stories to be accepted and cared about. You just have to be who you are and if you're upset about anything you just have to tell us. People will care about you and will try to provide help and support with your real life problems. And I think it's going to be much more helpful and comforting for you to have people helping you with issues you really have instead of having people trying helping out with an issue that doesn't exist.
    You don't have to make things bigger than they are to be seen. We care about small troubles just as much.

Take care, Cécile

17. Mercy

Mercy Guest

thanks

---------- Post added 9th Sep 2012 at 12:09 PM ----------

that didnt go to well :frowning2:

18. needshelp

it's all good. (*hug*) at least you came clean.

19. Mercy

Mercy Guest

i sure did

20. Fiddledeedee

I still care about you, Mercy; I'm very glad that the staff have let you stay and I'm proud for you that you've had the strength to admit it. I hope that you can learn to express yourself better from now. I know that you may be beating youself up inside at the moment for lying. Please don't, because that can be damaging and stop you moving on; accept that you shouldn't have lied, resolve not to do it again and stick to that, and things will be able to improve somehow. I am not mad at you and will never hate you. (*hug*) (*hug*)