1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Followed Advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MirroredLumos, Sep 9, 2012.

1. MirroredLumos

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This is more of a post-advised situation and a what I did after my advice post

So I consider myself right now Questioning since I know I'm not 100% straight but I know I have been attracted to both sexes before but since I haven't even made out with anyone from either sex, I wouldn't want to say I am Bi or gay just yet.

So a few weeks ago I made a post about going away to college and if I should just come out from the get go and explore my sexuality freely. You guys told me to go ahead and just be open about it and that is exactly what I did.

Its almost week 3 in college and since Day 1 I've been open. A lot of people on my floor don't know I'm questioning yet cause I don't go randomly to people and tell them that but the close friends that I have made so far do know and they are all great about it.

In my dorm, there are some upperclassmen, mostly sophomores and one of them is gay. I told him just yesterday about my questioning and he was ecstatic about it. Btw, we live across from each other. Although there is no attraction whatsoever, It still feels nice to have someone that already went through this to talk to, so he the same has been very supporting.

Me and my friend are going to my first LGBT meeting tommorow and its a meeting set up for only freshman so we get to meet the other LGBT freshmans from my university. My University is great when it comes to LGBT issues. It scored a 5 on Campus Pride and there is a No Hate policy to the point that if you say any comment that is degrading to any person based on their belief, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc. That person may face expulsion from the university so the campus atmosphere is very nice and accepting of one another

I think I have made the right choice and I can't wait to explore my sexuality and discover completely who I am (!)

On another note, College is just so so awesome!!!! Except classes are killing me LOL

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Im so freaking proud of you !!!

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That's really awesome! I'm really glad you have found such supportive people in your life :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing!

4. ForceAndVerve

Sounds like your in a great environment! :astonished:

Hope your having fun! :grin: