1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dances

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by colorful, Sep 9, 2012.

1. colorful

Generally when you go to a dance with a group of friends your dates talk. Well if all of my friends bring guys and I bring a girl what is supposed to happen....?

2. Ianthe

Your date will participate in whatever conversation she feels comfortable in. If she is the sort of person who socializes more easily with girls, she will probably talk with the girls, and if she is the sort that has guys for friends more often, she will probably talk with them.

I'm not sure why this is something that needs to be planned in advance. You are her date, which means that you should be paying enough attention to her to not let her just stand around by herself or something.

I'm actually not sure where you got the idea that your dates would all normally talk to each other anyway. If that's what's been happening, it's because guys and girls self segregate sometimes in social situations, not because it's what's "supposed" to happen.

Do you think your date would not be comfortable talking with you and your friends?