1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stages of Acceptance

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pinklov3ly, Sep 10, 2012.

1. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I seem to be juggling back and with trying to embrace my sexuality. One day I could happy and the next kind of sad--just a tiny bit. I've accepted who I am, but it's a daily process, which I'm sure I'll have to go through for the rest of my life. I'm curious as to where others are when it comes to stages of acceptance...here's the perfect reference listed below. I believe EC has it's own reference of stages of acceptance, but I found this one while surfing the internet. It's not my work, so hopefully I've quoted right.

Here's the actual link - ★ The 5 Stages Every Lesbian Goes Through ★

I'm at 4, and although it says lesbian, I'd like to hear from others as well. I'd like to know that I'm not alone, so I guess I'm just seeking reassurance that I'm on the right path. I feel like I'm too old to still be going through this :icon_redf

If you notice any mistakes, I'm sorry I'm using my phone. And thanks in advance, I can't wait to hear from others :smilewave

#1 pinklov3ly, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  2. Ozma

Ozma Guest

Hi. :slight_smile:

I'm Stage 3 right now, I only admitted to myself I am Bi a week or so ago. It feels so good not to lie to myself anymore, and it feels so good to come out! I've been really lucky because I've had nothing but positive responses from my family and friends.

I just wish there were more cute guys around... :icon_wink

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay! Congrats! It's good to know that you're making progress, keep it up.

I wish there were more cute girls around too :grin:

4. J Snow

Funny how I've had to go through this process all over again going from identifying as gay to trans =P

I think I'm definitely at stage 4. I've been going to two trans groups a week and I honestly feel like I spend most of my free time talking to and hanging out with trans people.

5. Rose

Thanks for posting this! I'm at 2 now I think and I'm 34. I have to hold onto the line it's never too late. I know that having gay friends would massively accelerate my progress but it is sooooo hard where I live. Step by step though. I'm working hard and hopeful that things will fall into place. Good luck everyone!

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats, J Snow and Rose!! It takes time and hey, life isn't a race; I don't know why I gave myself such a hard time with accepting who I am. I can't wait to make it stage 5, I was there once before, but when things become too difficult, I tend to go backwards. I'm working it :slight_smile:

7. Waterlilly

I think I'm at stage three. I have only been able to call myself gay in my head since this summer. Thanks for posting this. It's nice to have something that says that I have accomplished a few steps already, since I see so much struggle ahead.

8. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, isn't nice to see how much progress we've made, it's a nice boost in confidence! :slight_smile: