1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have fallen for a straight guy.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by desertlife, Sep 10, 2012.

1. desertlife

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Its just not fair for me or him. So why does it sometimes happen. Aggh... so fustrated. oh, and how do i get over it?? poor guy is always so nice and cute with me while i imagen all the nasty things i could do to him. Crap. :eusa_doh:

2. Lewis

We all go through it...we just have to deal with it I guess. :| I really don't know what to advise. I've fallen for my best friend, but I keep my distance in order to keep our friendship. He's said he has issues with his sexuality, but says he's not sexually attracted to guys? Very confusing. I know the nasty things you imagine, but I also imagine being in a genuine relationship with him.

Just stay strong, you're not the only one going through it. :S

3. SkyDiver

Sorry. It's a bitch situation all around.

4. KillTheLights

I'm in one of those situations right now, actually. The fact that the straight dude in question is one of my best friend's makes it a lot, lot harder.

5. desertlife

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am learning that even if i build a wall around my heart trying to protect/deny myself, the heart somehow finds a hole in the wall and escapes.

6. Hawthorne

I know this feeling, I had it pass and it made my friendship even stronger because I knew this was someone I would never want to lose. In the end it became such a rad bromance and such a good friendship.

7. starbucksshoote

I had the same problem - and it really sucked. He was also my roommate - which sucked even more.

The only thing which helped was distance. He moved out and went to live in a different city. Only after the left did it get better. It's the advice none of us want to hear and what we don't want to follow, but distance is the ONLY thing that worked for me. Out of sight, and eventually, out of mind.

Good luck - it's not an easy ride.