1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Feel More Attractive Now...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ozma, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Ozma

Ozma Guest

It's funny I guess, I'm just a big guy, slightly overweight, below-average looks, but since I came out I feel more attractive! :slight_smile:

In my mind's eye, I present as tall,slim, and pretty - like an anime character! Isn't that weird? I'm wearing more jewelry and thinking of getting my hair colored and maybe of piercing my ears.

Obviously, none of this is a problem. I just wanted to get it off my chest and maybe ask for advice on making myself more attractive?

2. Gen

Gen

Well, there isnt much advice to give since there are many different types and styles of people out there. But, I do know what you mean. I did feel alot better about my appearance after I was fully finished accepting myself.

I have a slim 5'6" body type and although being seem as attractive by many, I am more of the cute than rugged football player type lol. So I feel that being gay has given me ALOT more confidence than I would have if I wasnt.

Edit: And I'm sure you are not below average in looks. Dont sell yourself short! If you really want to find things to improve on with your appearance, the best thing to do is to work with your best attributes. I have a very nice skin tone, so I put in effort to keep my skin clear and healthy. Maybe if you look good with facial hair you could work on improve the way you style it. Just look in the mirror and see what you like about yourself

#2 Gen, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  3. Ozma

Ozma Guest

I guess that's it, Gen - I accept myself for the 1st time ever, so that's why I feel attractive for the first time ever!

Did you "allow" yourself better clothes and things like that after you came out? I bought myself a little $2 ring yesterday, it's a Black Rose with a little orange stone in it. I found it in the junk jewelry box at the anime store and it only fits my little finger but I love it! :slight_smile: I guess I "deserve" to have jewelry now.

4. Ianthe

This was totally true for me. I feel much better about my appearance since I came out, and I'm much nicer to myself in terms of buying clothes I like and everything.

5. Ozma

Ozma Guest

Thanks you two. :slight_smile:

Gen, my Green eyes are my best feature, and my long hair I guess. I need new glasses....hmmm.

This is exciting! :grin:

6. Gen

Gen

Well I personally cant really wear jewelry, because I'm not literally claustrophobic, but I have similar reactions if anything is circled around my skin. I ring might be fine after some getting used to, but a watch or necklance will send me off the edge >_>.

Though I do pay more attention to my cloths. When you go jean shopping you dont have to spend fifty minutes anymore wondering which jeans make you look the least gay. So thats a plus :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edit: Lucky :C!! Everyone likes green eyes. Alot of people like glasses too.

#6 Gen, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  7. Ozma

Ozma Guest

LOL @ the "gay jeans"! Yeah, if I say so myself my eyes are really pretty. I have long "girly" eyelashes too. I'll be able to get new glasses in November, I'll have to get something cute!

Thanks Gen, for the encouragement. :slight_smile:

8. Gen

Gen

No problem ^-^. I'm glad you are feeling more comfortable.

9. Jared

I know how you feel. When I started to accept myself I started to dress better and I ate better, which resulted in losing a bunch of weight. And even though I'm still not a huge fan of the way I look, but I like my appearance more than I used to, and I think accepting I'm gay had a lot to do with it :slight_smile:

10. Ozma

Ozma Guest

Thanks, Cornella. :slight_smile:

I feel even better about myself today! What a wonderful thing this is! :grin: I've never felt so happy since I've accepted myself and started coming out.