1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really need advice..."meeting people"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sbianca, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Sbianca

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm part of a GSA group on campus that's regularly attended by a LOT of people. I'm really thankful this group exists because I'm not sure I'd have the confidence to meet anybody any other way. (For clarification, though my profile says I'm bisexual, I'm only partly sure of that and much prefer women. It just seems like a safe description right now.)
    The problem is, I have no idea how to go about striking up a conversation with girls I'm interested in. Like, I'm really clueless. I'm afraid of how I'll feel if they don't seem to want to talk, etc....there's one girl in particular who I really noticed at the last meeting and who I would love to get to know. But how? It's really been weighing on my mind. I'm afraid I'll never meet anybody at this rate.
    How do I build confidence?

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Friends are a bit easier to tackle than outright building confidence, so I'll give that one a shot xD

Right now, don't concentrate on meeting people in order to date. People smell it from miles and its just plain creepy. Rather than doing that, go ahead and start meeting random people just for the sake of meeting people.

I'm a total introvert, so what I have to do is give my self tangible goals. So for example, if I'm going to a meeting for the first time then I give myself the goal of getting to know at least 3 (you can start with less) people. I have to ask for their name, major and other hobbies. Then if I like them I can continue a conversation. And the rule is that you have to smile or say hi if you see those people in the future.

As to how to go about it, the easiest way is to approach whoever is sitting next to you or whoever is sitting alone. Sit down, smile and say hi. Then just ask for their name and if this is their first meeting or not. You get the point :slight_smile:

Its 2 am over here and I'm half dead, so if that didn't make any sense let me know :slight_smile: