1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to tell this guy how I feel about him .. Should I ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MannyJ, Sep 10, 2012.

1. MannyJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is going to be a little long so please bare with me ..Ok so first off I'm gay .. And to my knowledge he is straight . We have known each other for about 5 years . We went to highschool together and I think it's safe to say that I love him alot . When we first met I thought he was a COMPLETE asshole and to be completely honest he was . He had a rough child hood and could'nt get out of the mindset of that being "tough" or "street" all the time . I was basically the opposite . All of a sudden the middle of freshmen year , we happen to get a class together .. (I think it was 4th period). And when I found I had class with him I was just like "oh my god , get me out of here please" . But the second he opened his mouth I was in awe . He was sophisticated and intelligent . And from that point on we just began to grow close . We started to hang out and talk even more and everyday I just found out we were more alike then I knew . We were good friends for about 2 years. Somewhere in the middle of my junior year my friends started dropping like flies . Every other week somebody would have a problem with me for no reason and they would just atop talkin to me ( thats highschool for ya) . But the one person who stayed was him :slight_smile: i remember talkin to him on facebook one day I was just like "Can you promise me that we'll stay friends .. Because all of my friends are just leaving me and I have no one left" and he said " I promise .. I'm not going anywhere" . And I believed him ... A couple of months later his father passed away and it was a shock for everybody. I went to the funeral and it was terrible .. He started crying and everything . I felt sorry for him but he had alot of support .. Unfortunately this is where our friendship started to fade. After his father died he dropped out of highschool and we lost touch . However I still saw him around .This may sound a little crazy but I eventually started cutting myself . I loved him alot and even though our friendship didnt end on a bad-note he was my only friend . And after we stopped talking it was problem after problem .. It was a terrible stage in my life and even to this day I'm fightng with my depression but anyway . Today , there was a football game and I saw him in the for the first time in about 6 months . It was awkward at first and I didnt know whetger to say hi or not because our group of friends dont really mix and in the last couple weeks or so there has been tension between our friends but this was the first I saw him out in a long time . He eventually came over and said hi but that was it he went on and continued on with whatever he was doing . Basically I want to tell him how I feel or felt about him . Only because I feel like it would help me with coming out and accepting myself . It also would'nt hurt to have this off my chest . He isnt really that kind of homophobic guy but he gets uncomfortable with it , which is what I could understand ? Should I tell him how I feel . I should be moving soon too so I dont know . I think its now or never ..

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I don't really think it's worth it. You guys don't talk much anymore, it will probably make him uncomfortable like you said, and on top of that you will be moving and probably won't keep in touch if things keep going like they are now. There really isn't any reason to put your feelings out in the open, especially if he is straight. I would let it go and move on.