1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tips tips tips

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Blu, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Blu

Blu

I'm like really crushing on this guy so much now that today when he walked in the air left the room. It keeps getting worst the more we talk to each other...I wrote about it and another post.....and some advise giving was to hang out with him out side of our normal surroundings and now I've been giving the perfect opportunity to do so......with out asking him directly and it being obvious. To be honest I'm not sure of his orientation but I feel like he's been trying to say it without saying it.....if that makes sense and still be the " guy ". I won't have to suppress my subconscious flirting this time around and would like some tips on signs to look for to help tell if hes in to me....like that and not just!! A friend..........need this by Saturday......please and thank-you.

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

If you are not out and he isn't out either, then get ready to play a shit tons of mind games!

If that isn't what you signed up for, then rethink everything xD

One way to avoid all the mind games is to come out to him. If you feel like you aren't ready for that, then you are going to have to do some serous flirting (but not too much since you are in the closet) and then try to read if he is into it or not.

So yeah, one hell of a emotional roller coaster coming your way! Enjoy the ride :slight_smile:

3. Blu

Blu

I'm actually very ready to come out.....how do I say it?.....it would be better that way and I know it.....I hate games of the sort and like to put it all on the table. I was going to just be up front and ask him to the movies or something. It would really suck if it went in the opposite and not the way its been playing in my head.

#3 Blu, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  4. nooceansleft

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This might be the politics major in me talking, but you could apply a simple cost benefit equation to this. At the moment, things kind of suck. You have a choice; stay in the safety of things currently kind of sucking or ask him out, which will have one of two end points - things would be awesome, or the world will end.

Or will it? If you go up to this guy and ask him out, and he declines, then you're actually not in that bad a situation. You've told another human being something that you may have been keeping secret for a while; the weight of that off your shoulders will be significant, believe me, even if it doesn't end well in the immediacy. And if you can do it to one guy, why not fifty, right?

I'm sure he's special, and I hope that things turn out between you. But even if they don't, things will only have taken a dip in the immediacy, and in the long term, you'll be so much better off.

So, actually, you have two options - stay with things kind of sucking, or take a chance that has some medium-sized implications for the present but nothing but good prospects for the future. I know which one I'd pick x

5. Chrissouth53

So when you go out with him, somewhere in the conversation say "You know I'm gay, right?" and see what he says.

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Alright, then that opens up a whole other scenario.

There is no real way to come out, but you have to be aware that there is a chance that he might tell other people. If you are ready for that possibility, then it might work. If not, then coming out to close friends might be a better idea for you.

If you are ready to take the risk, you can simply let it "slide" that you are gay or tell him like someone else said above.

7. Blu

Blu

Thank you guys for your help......with the big day right around the corner I'm feeling every emotion bald in to one. I can't wait!! Sooo scared to allow myself to be so vulnerable.