1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian liking gay guys? Is that even possible?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Crystine, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Crystine

Crystine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hey guys!
    I've been wanting to get this off my chest for some time now...

I KNOW for a fact that I like girls and just thinking about the male anatomy makes me sick.
    however, I keep falling for gay guys - I mean the really feminine type; those who speak with high pitched voices and act really cute... is that just because I like girls with short hair who are still acting "feminine" and get those boys confused with them (girls) or is there some other reason to it? (hope that sentence didn't get too complicated...)

so my question is: am I a lesbian or am I bi now? Because - however feminine the boys I fall for might be... they are still guys! :dry:

thx in advance,
    love,
    crystine :smilewave

2. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I personally would not say that you are not bi. I have found myself flirting with girls and quickly realized what I was doing--I'm not turned on by them so to speak. So maybe you're just like me where you like a certain type of person (for friends and other associations) but you are only attracted to girls with that personality. I hope I helped and sorry if I didn't.

3. pecanpie447

Out Status:
    Some people
    when i began discovering myself, i noticed the same thing, or at least similar. i know im attracted to gay guys, and i am female. i know im attracted to females. so i decided to find out what specifics am i attracted to. since i went out on that search, i discovered im pansexual, attracted to whoever. its not about the dick or the breast, its about the person on the inside.
    so i ask you, what are you attracted to?

4. Emberblaze

Heh, just don't get too caught up in labels, because if you do, you'll end up coming out to the same people about five different times, and giving them seven different stories. (Lols, personal, although exaggerated, experience)

Now the question to ask yourself is, say you see a feminine guy that's really cute and all, but then remove the clothing, and what do you see? Not lady parts (in most cases)!

So what am I saying? Well that's a pretty good question! Lols, ahem, so what I mean is, just because you see a cute guy or you get attracted to a guy, it doesn't mean your entire orientation is different.

I see girls all the time and I'll be like, "oh she's cute" or "I love her hair" or "that outfit is so cute" or stuff like that. Hell, I've been recently crushing on a girl and told her I like her and all that jazz, and she's basically been the first person I've had real romantic feelings for. All this had made me realize is that I'm definitely a Kinsey 5, not a 6.

Do I like guys? Most certainly and I know that without a fact and I like guys wAAAy more than girls.

Do I like girls? Once in a blue moon, but not too often.

So what am I getting at? Just, be who you are. You don't have to live with a label stuck to you. And don't over think your orientation, because if you do, you'll go off on long rambles like this instead of getting a clear answer...

Lols, I hope this was helpful... And that you didn't fall asleep halfway through! ; p

5. Markio

I was telling my counselor about how I was crushing on straight guys a lot. The only gay person I liked was in a relationship with someone else. She suggested that perhaps I was only allowing myself to feel attraction toward people who are unavailable because it is safe: I don't have to worry about actually getting close to someone, or that they might return the same feelings, which would be new and scary for me.

Maybe it's like that? Gay guys are absolutely unavailable to return the attraction, so you are allowing yourself to think they are attractive without worrying about having to be intimate with them...

I had a lesbian friend who said she often got crushes on gay male friends, so I don't think it's too odd. This same friend accompanied me to a gay club shortly after I talked to my counselor about not allowing myself to be intimate, and I had my first kiss with a guy that night. :grin:

6. Beachboi92

me and butch lesbians have an obnoxious amount of sexual tension in our friendships so your not alone here. I consider myself somewhere between bi and 100% gay (leaning more towards gay). I think maybe what you are really speaking to are personality traits and features you also find attractive in females. When you break gender out of the binary it becomes a lot clearer that situations like this are perfectly normal. I also know guys who find they like incredibly effeminate men for the same reasons you do but most of them identify as predominantly straight. sexuality and gender is not totally cut and dry at the end of the day if you want to be with a woman, and the anatomy makes up a part of that attraction, and you feel comfortable identifying as a lesbian then your a lesbian. Its whatever you feel comfortable with mostly.