1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He Seems To Ignore Me...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KillTheLights, Sep 11, 2012.

1. KillTheLights

About two months ago, I joined this gay dating site. I met somebody really hot, funny and nice. We spoke on the phone, via Skype and through IM quite a lot. We arranged to meet and he came up with some bull shit excuse about being tired after seeing a Lady Gaga concert the previous night. I didn't mind. We continued talking, albeit less and less. We arranged to meet again, however and he created another excuse; this time about his parents. After that it seemed he began to ignore me.

I asked him whether he actually liked me or not and told him that if he didn't want to meet me or speak to me that he didn't have to and that he should just say. He told me that he really did like me, and that he really did want to meet me.

He doesn't live far away, and we both know that we're not fake because of the video-calls we made on Skype.

Do you guys think there is a specific reason that he seems to be ignoring me and putting meetings off, even though he is insistent that he likes me a lot?

2. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe he is nervous about meeting you. He could be really scared that he'll mess things up. Or maybe he actually had all those problems. Just sort it out with him. Talk about it maybe

3. KillTheLights

That's just the thing, he won't talk about it. He just avoids it by saying something like 'Of course I like you, you're really hot'. It's all confusing, and even though it's hardly a relationship, it's the closest thing to one that I've had with a boy. I really do need to talk to him every day, because I start to feel lonely if I don't - it's just hard to tell if he feels the same way, because he simply won't talk about it.

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Quite possible he's still in the process of getting comfortable with the fact he's gay (or bi) - actually meeting might be still out of his comfort zone vs just talking/chatting?
    Or some guys who are attached but unhappy in that situation sometimes feel it's ok to chat/talk to other people but actually meeting is cheating?
    Basically, just because he feels the same way about you doesn't mean he feels the same way about actually meeting... dunno if that makes any sense...

5. KillTheLights

It made sense, lol.
    I decided to just ask him directly about it all, and he said that he want's to have a relationship with me and that he really wants to meet me. We have a date for saturday, whether he'll go through with it or not though is another story.