1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I please just go back in?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Butterthecat23, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Butterthecat23

I know this sounds awful, but I just wanna go back into the closet.

Everything was so much SIMPLER! No one knew, no one judged me, I still HAD a best friend, and it CERTAINLY didn't have me carving FML into my arm! What am I gonna do? I don't know whether to embrace my differences and live in this lonely, empty world I've been forced into, or just give it all up. Either way I have no best friend. Either way I still have FML carved into my arm. I just........augh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :help:

2. KillTheLights

I know this is really hypocritical of me to say, considering I am closeted myself ~ but you're free now. If your friends don't want you now that you're out, maybe they aren't really friends. Things will get better, and I do understand what you're saying. Closet life is simple, but I'd give anything to be brave enough to come out to anybody. You are now showing who you really are, and if people don't like it then let them go and f*ck themselves.

3. Butterthecat23

You're out to me. I get what you're saying, but........ No one accepts me! I just want it all to end! I just want someone to accept me and all of me! The normal side of me and then the side of me that thinks when a guy pisses himself it's so sexy! I just want to feel love! I want someone to hold me, tell me that I won't end up an old cat lady and that I am worthy of love and that someone out there will make me feel special! I just want it all to end! I just..... AUGH!

Sorry, not trying to take it out on you, just.... can't take it all anymore.

4. KillTheLights

I know how you feel. I want all that too. You're accepted here, you're really sweet and kind. I'm sure one day you'll have all of that, even if it does seem lightyears away.

5. Butterthecat23

You are the sweetest person, do you know that?

6. KillTheLights

Thank you <3 You're also really sweet. One day you'll have happiness, just hang in there. It will be worth it :slight_smile:

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know how long you've been out. Sometimes people need time to adjust. Other times, they decide their opinions about sexuality are more important than the friends they have made.

If that's the case with your former best friend - and it might be - then you sadly didn't have a best friend. You had some person you hung out with. You found that the bonds of friendship that you thought were strong weren't that strong after all. And that definitely definitely sucks.

That said, if your "room" is suddenly empty, the smart move might be to move to another room. Start looking for some new friends. It may take time. It may be that they'll be a while in coming. But keep at it. As KTL said, we can be your friends until such time as the flesh'n'blood ones are available. :slight_smile:

Lex

8. RainDreamer

It is ok, my dear. I know it is hard for you to withstand it, withstand all the looks people gives you, withstand all the whispers and the saying and the screaming people throw at you for being different. If it is too much for you to handle, you can come back here with us, and we will embrace you,we will accept you, and we will listen to you. But please, do not return to the closet.

You have been a hero to us. Just by the simple act of coming out, you has added another voice for us, you has given us another foothold on this society that keep trying to push us down, you has let them know that people like us are real, living, breathing, and suffering beings.

You deserve the love of all of the world, but since the world deserted you, then please, accept our love for the brave people like you that dare to come out, to make a precedence for those who have not come out yet. And, please, do not change yourself to be accept by the world, change the world so they accept you. We are behind you.

9. KillTheLights

I'll happily be your virtual bff <3

10. Butterthecat23

:') Y'all are seriously the most beautiful people. I love that I can come on here and no one will judge me, and that no one thinks I'm a pervert or crazy! You are seriously just the most wonderful people. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap